IGNORED

On Duty

marss

We would be very happy if a musician could join us ;)

One day I'd love to give it a try (but I know nothing about writing music for video games). I remember transcribing a lot of gameboy themes for Mario and Zelda and being intrigued at how full 3-part music writing can be! So on the LYNX you can write 4-channel music?

Actually the game kind of invites a Techno track. I was just sitting at my Roland keyboard and was thinking about the game.

Some basic one chord loop or 1-5-1 background with breaks every 8,16,8 beats?

I could try to set up a background like this. The voice (instrument and melody) could change with the action.

- walking outside

- in combat

- sneaking around inside

Just my opinion...

• Like 2

One thing about the channels, You don't have to keep one instrument on one channel, you can 'channel-skip', because any one note can be of any instrument on every channel, that's one of the strengths of composing in a tracker. This is visually quite clear when looking at a tracker. Composing like this is hard, but theoretically you can squeeze in drums, bass, comp and lead on three channels. For example high hat beats can be placed in between notes on empty places and chords can be created if the tempo is high by adding one note one place after etc. Personally I haven't been able to create anything worthwhile using this technique yet other than the high-hat stuff, but I know the c64 had only three channels and there's some really mind blowing sid music out there.

• Like 1

I downloaded a Midi editor to my tablet, connected the tablet to a keyboard and recorded a little background to show what I was thinking of as the style for On Duty.

http://79.125.115.174/pics/OnDutyMidi.mp3

Of course it must be simplified a lot for the Lynx. But if you want to create a melody on top of this track I am interested in it.

• Like 2

I downloaded a Midi editor to my tablet, connected the tablet to a keyboard and recorded a little background to show what I was thinking of as the style for On Duty.

http://79.125.115.174/pics/OnDutyMidi.mp3

Of course it must be simplified a lot for the Lynx. But if you want to create a melody on top of this track I am interested in it.

You been listening to some Schoenberg, Karri? haha :-D

This is really strange. My music in the previous post just disppeared. All external stuff just disappears from the forum now...

OnDutyMidi.mp3

And @Jazzoff2000... No. The Midi was mimicking Kaj Chydenius - not an Arnold Schönberg piano concerto.

But please listen to the file OnDutyMidi.mp3. It is my opinion of Techno/Metal

Edited by karri
  • Like 2

This is really strange. My music in the previous post just disppeared. All external stuff just disappears from the forum now...

attachicon.gifOnDutyMidi.mp3

And @Jazzoff2000... No. The Midi was mimicking Kaj Chydenius - not an Arnold Schönberg piano concerto.

But please listen to the file OnDutyMidi.mp3. It is my opinion of Techno/Metal

I like it - kinda reminds me of the sweeping, mechanical piano theme from the original Westworld movie :thumbsup:

I can look into learning this and composing something but...it's gonna take a long time. I have very limited spare time. I recently completed some work on a lynx title (not music) and that took me months. What's the projected time scale to completion?

The official, standard time schedule for Lynx projects apply.

When it's ready it is ready.

Besides... Your guitar tune is part of the next Solitaire release. But the release date is... sometime...

Edited by karri
  • Like 2