IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - December 25th 2017

Pixelboy

Speaking about Emulator , i tried some game with BlueMSX , i have created a new machine based on Colecovision and added just 32k of RAM starting from 6000 to DFFF .

Curiously game like : Dragon's lair and Super Zaxxon works and few others that require the SGM works perfectly.

But with the same configuration Buck Rogers and Subroc do not work and still ask me for SGM or ADAM... Is there a difference in memory management between them and Dragons's lair and Super Zaxxon ??

Speaking about Emulator , i tried some game with BlueMSX , i have created a new machine based on Colecovision and added just 32k of RAM starting from 6000 to DFFF .

Curiously game like : Dragon's lair and Super Zaxxon works and few others that require the SGM works perfectly.

But with the same configuration Buck Rogers and Subroc do not work and still ask me for SGM or ADAM... Is there a difference in memory management between them and Dragons's lair and Super Zaxxon ??

The SGM detection routine must be different between the various games. Some routines actually verify the presence of the SGM's sound chip, which won't be found if only RAM was added to the machine.

EDIT: In the case of Buck Rogers and SubRoc, are you sure your RAM range is correct? The range should be 2000h to 7FFFh for 24K of RAM, if I remember correctly.

To my knowledge, only CoolCV and blueMSX support ROMs that require the Super Game Module. Those that don't require the SGM should normally run on any ColecoVision emulator. No promises, obviously. ;)By the way, I added some cheats for Caverns of Titan to the first post of this thread. They should be useful for such a tough game. :)

Have you thought about adding a Cheats page to your site so these are in an easier spot to find in a year or two? ;)

Add 8K of RAM at 2000 to 3FFF and 16K at 4000 to 7FFF. It could work.

The BlueMSX version supporting the SGM module hasn't been released widely I think. One of the causes that triggered me to write CoolCV.

• Like 2

As one who has spent a lot buying from Team Pixelboy, thank you for the present of cheats and roms!

"Try before you buy" may increase demand for actual carts.

Usually I would only buy a game I had played in the past, mostly arcade, and a few unknown SGM titles because I have SGM.

Very happy to see the evolution of TeamPixelboy, the budget games and now this big release of ROM files and news of some more incoming games.

I'll use my AtariMax Ultimate SD for ColecoVision with these games... any chance to get the manual txt files to put in the multicart as well? Playing with emulators is nice but I want to show this to my friends next time I see them with the real hardware and have a retro gaming party.

To my knowledge, only CoolCV and blueMSX support ROMs that require the Super Game Module. Those that don't require the SGM should normally run on any ColecoVision emulator. No promises, obviously. ;)

By the way, I added some cheats for Caverns of Titan to the first post of this thread. They should be useful for such a tough game. :)

Thank you for the nice Christmas present.

Just for info, the multi-system emulator called vdmgr 0.1.7 (Windows) support ROMs that require the Super Game Module too.

Language (GUI): English, French, German and Japanese

http://www.geocities.jp/g_lsluk/

ud4DQbU.png

Edited by AnnaWu
  • Like 4