Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - December 25th 2017

team pixelboy news bulletin

112 replies to this topic

#26 youki OFFLINE  

youki

River Patroller

• 2,388 posts

Posted Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:11 PM

Speaking about Emulator , i tried some game with BlueMSX ,  i have created a new machine based on Colecovision and added  just 32k of RAM starting from 6000 to DFFF   .

Curiously game like :  Dragon's lair and Super Zaxxon works  and few others that require the SGM  works perfectly.

But  with the same configuration   Buck Rogers and Subroc  do not work and still ask me for SGM or ADAM...  Is there a difference in memory management between them and Dragons's lair and Super Zaxxon ??

#27 Pixelboy OFFLINE  

Pixelboy

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 8,080 posts

Posted Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:15 PM

Speaking about Emulator , i tried some game with BlueMSX ,  i have created a new machine based on Colecovision and added  just 32k of RAM starting from 6000 to DFFF   .

Curiously game like :  Dragon's lair and Super Zaxxon works  and few others that require the SGM  works perfectly.

But  with the same configuration   Buck Rogers and Subroc  do not work and still ask me for SGM or ADAM...  Is there a difference in memory management between them and Dragons's lair and Super Zaxxon ??

The SGM detection routine must be different between the various games. Some routines actually verify the presence of the SGM's sound chip, which won't be found if only RAM was added to the machine.

EDIT: In the case of Buck Rogers and SubRoc, are you sure your RAM range is correct? The range should be 2000h to 7FFFh for 24K of RAM, if I remember correctly.

#28 Tarzilla OFFLINE  

Tarzilla

River Patroller

• 2,092 posts
  • Huh?

Posted Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:15 PM

To my knowledge, only CoolCV and blueMSX support ROMs that require the Super Game Module. Those that don't require the SGM should normally run on any ColecoVision emulator. No promises, obviously. ;)By the way, I added some cheats for Caverns of Titan to the first post of this thread. They should be useful for such a tough game. :)

Have you thought about adding a Cheats page to your site so these are in an easier spot to find in a year or two? ;)

#29 nanochess OFFLINE  

nanochess

Processorus Polyglotus

• 5,639 posts
  • Coding something good

Posted Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:19 PM

Add 8K of RAM at 2000 to 3FFF and 16K at 4000 to 7FFF. It could work.

The BlueMSX version supporting the SGM module hasn't been released widely I think. One of the causes that triggered me to write CoolCV.

#30 Pixelboy OFFLINE  

Pixelboy

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 8,080 posts

Posted Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:20 PM

Have you thought about adding a Cheats page to your site so these are in an easier spot to find in a year or two? ;)

If anyone asks, I'll just direct him/her to this forum thread. Seems far easier than coding extra HTML. :P

#31 Tarzilla OFFLINE  

Tarzilla

River Patroller

• 2,092 posts
  • Huh?

Posted Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:24 PM

If anyone asks, I'll just direct him/her to this forum thread. Seems far easier than coding extra HTML. :P

Now you get lazy ;)

#32 youki OFFLINE  

youki

River Patroller

• 2,388 posts

Posted Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:15 PM

Add 8K of RAM at 2000 to 3FFF and 16K at 4000 to 7FFF. It could work.

The BlueMSX version supporting the SGM module hasn't been released widely I think. One of the causes that triggered me to write CoolCV.

Thanks a Lot ,  Buck Rogers and Subroc works with that setting!  :)

#33 Twin_power OFFLINE  

Twin_power

Chopper Commander

• 119 posts

Posted Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:04 PM

Merry Christmas.. :)
Thank you.. I've been enjoying the colecovision homebrew scene here since I bought my first one "Battle of Hoth". Mappy is one of my favorites too.

Dan

#34 Mika73 OFFLINE  

Mika73

Moonsweeper

• 273 posts

Posted Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:05 PM

Ok... So now I need SGM... 

#35 youki OFFLINE  

youki

River Patroller

• 2,388 posts

Posted Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:47 PM

i have managed to make work all games in Blue MSX (without SGM support) , except traffic jam until now.

For King's Valley and Thexder, i had just to change one byte in the Rom and it works.

For the other one, just the RAM setting in the emulator  is enough.

#36 sbndr OFFLINE  

sbndr

Combat Commando

• 4 posts

Posted Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:48 PM

Wow!  Thank you very much for this generous gift Pixelboy.  Have a wonderful holiday and keep up the great work.  

#37 iesposta OFFLINE  

iesposta

River Patroller

• 3,831 posts
  • Retro-gaming w/my VCS

Posted Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:31 PM

As one who has spent a lot buying from Team Pixelboy, thank you for the present of cheats and roms!

"Try before you buy" may increase demand for actual carts.

Usually I would only buy a game I had played in the past, mostly arcade, and a few unknown SGM titles because I have SGM. 

#38 newcoleco OFFLINE  

newcoleco

Stargunner

• 1,324 posts
  • Always Tired

Posted Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:42 PM

Very happy to see the evolution of TeamPixelboy, the budget games and now this big release of ROM files and news of some more incoming games.

I'll use my AtariMax Ultimate SD for ColecoVision with these games... any chance to get the manual txt files to put in the multicart as well? Playing with emulators is nice but I want to show this to my friends next time I see them with the real hardware and have a retro gaming party.

#39 eebuckeye OFFLINE  

eebuckeye

Stargunner

• 1,159 posts

Posted Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:46 PM

Holy crap that is awesome!! Thanks Pixelboy!!

#40 rockman_x_2002 OFFLINE  

rockman_x_2002

Stargunner

• 1,712 posts

Posted Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:32 PM

Mighty generous of you, Pixelboy.  Thank you so much, and a very merry Christmas to you and yours!

#41 lapinbeau OFFLINE  

lapinbeau

Combat Commando

• 1 posts

Posted Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:14 AM

Holy crap! Buck Rogers, Zaxxon, Subroc, Dragon's Lair! I totally remember playing these! Thank you. :D

#42 TwiliteZoner OFFLINE  

TwiliteZoner

Dragonstomper

• 689 posts

Posted Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:23 AM

Thank you guys for the amazing gift and thanks to Willy for pointing this out.

#43 Special Teams OFFLINE  

Special Teams

Dragonstomper

• 908 posts

Posted Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:25 AM

Thanks so much Luc for the gifts and the update.  Enjoy the Holidays!

#44 digdugnate OFFLINE  

digdugnate

Stargunner

• 1,919 posts

Posted Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:03 AM

how awesome, thank you!

#45 AnnaWu OFFLINE  

AnnaWu

Star Raider

• 50 posts

Posted Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:08 AM

To my knowledge, only CoolCV and blueMSX support ROMs that require the Super Game Module. Those that don't require the SGM should normally run on any ColecoVision emulator. No promises, obviously. ;)

By the way, I added some cheats for Caverns of Titan to the first post of this thread. They should be useful for such a tough game. :)

Thank you for the nice Christmas present.

Just for info, the multi-system emulator called vdmgr 0.1.7 (Windows) support ROMs that require the Super Game Module too.

Language (GUI): English, French, German and Japanese

http://www.geocities.jp/g_lsluk/

ud4DQbU.png

Edited by AnnaWu, Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:47 AM.

#46 Nerf Herder73 OFFLINE  

Nerf Herder73

Chopper Commander

• 162 posts

Posted Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:44 PM

Wow! So many games. Thank you!

#47 H.E.R.O. OFFLINE  

H.E.R.O.

Moonsweeper

• 316 posts
  • New leader of the Bungeling Empire

Posted Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:09 PM

Just for info, the multi-system emulator called vdmgr 0.1.7 (Windows) support ROMs that require the Super Game Module too.

Thank you for the heads up. I use this for Neo Geo Pocket but forgot it does Coleco as well.

#48 Swami ONLINE  

Swami

River Patroller

• 2,333 posts

Posted Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:50 PM

Thank you, Luc for all the fantastic games you've published to keep ColecoVision gaming fresh and alive, and thanks for the generous Christmas ROMs. Merry Christmas!

#49 ColecoGamer OFFLINE  

ColecoGamer

Dragonstomper

• 508 posts

Posted Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:49 PM

Hot damn, my heart stopped when I saw those! Pixelboy, you're the best! Thank you so very much!  I hope you had a Merry Christmas.

#50 ColecoGamer OFFLINE  

ColecoGamer

Dragonstomper

• 508 posts

Posted Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:58 PM

Ive been trying to hunt down copies of Deep Dungeon and Dragons Lair for a while now (i.e. Hombrew Heaven, eBay, etc). Thanks to Luc, I can at least play them tonight! What an incredible Christmas gift!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: team pixelboy, news bulletin

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users