IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - December 25th 2017

Pixelboy

It's amazing the number of downloads of Dragon's Lair, more than 335 at this very moment!!!

It's really an amazing number on all of them! It just goes to show you that there are hundreds of people STILL PLAYING the ColecoVision! I know that's not a lot when compared to current consoles, but that is still a solid, impressive number for a system that hasn't seen a retail shelf in 30+ years!

• Like 2

How should Pacar be pronounced? Is it "Pack Car" like Pac Man or is it more like Captain "Picard" with silent D? Or maybe like "Pacer" as in keep up the pace.

Well, all I can say is that, in the manual of the ColecoVision game (which I wrote myself) "Pacar" is the diminutive of "Pacific Car Derby". So I pronounce it "Pa-Kar".

Can we "donate" to a Paypal account if we wish to do so?

I'm a hypocrite in that I wouldn't buy any of them to save my life but given the awesome act of kindness I think I want to "donate". It won't be much but if possible I really would like to.

I visited the website and I didn't find a donate page (didn't look too deep into it, nevertheless).

Can we "donate" to a Paypal account if we wish to do so?

I'm a hypocrite in that I wouldn't buy any of them to save my life but given the awesome act of kindness I think I want to "donate". It won't be much but if possible I really would like to.

I visited the website and I didn't find a donate page (didn't look too deep into it, nevertheless).

If you wish to donate any money, you should donate it to nanochess. Send him a PM to get his Paypal addy. :)

• Like 8

It's amazing the number of downloads of Dragon's Lair, more than 335 at this very moment!!!

It's funny how we were all amazed to see 300+ downloads but now it's up to 800+ downloads! I posted the link to this thread on all the social media pages we have, but I'm so curious about the people who have downloaded those ROMs so far...

- How many of them are still actively playing their ColecoVision vs just downloading to put them into an archive?

- How many of them who downloaded have also bought (or would have bought) a boxed copy of the game?

- How many of them are playing on actual hardware versus an emulator versus a Raspberry Pi?

- How many of them found the link from browsing these forums or saw it on a social media page or something like Reddit?

My statistics loving brain is going crazy over those numbers! :P

• Like 1

Answers below each question.

It's funny how we were all amazed to see 300+ downloads but now it's up to 800+ downloads! I posted the link to this thread on all the social media pages we have, but I'm so curious about the people who have downloaded those ROMs so far...

- How many of them are still actively playing their ColecoVision vs just downloading to put them into an archive?

I still play my Colecovision (not as often as I'd like, though)

- How many of them who downloaded have also bought (or would have bought) a boxed copy of the game?
I've bought games before. Once I try these, I may buy the ones I like the best.

- How many of them are playing on actual hardware versus an emulator versus a Raspberry Pi?

I have an Atarimax cart and want to try them on that on the real CV.

- How many of them found the link from browsing these forums or saw it on a social media page or something like Reddit?

Facebook.

• Like 1

1 - My Colecovision is packed away and has been for a few years.

2 - I haven't purchased a Colecovision homebrew since Opcode's "Space Invaders Collection" was released. That game is the reason that I purchased a Colecovision in the first place in the early 2000s. As a kid, my friend had a Colecovision but I was always more of an Atari fan.

3 - The only Colecovision games that I play these days are via emulation on my PC (coolcv).

4 - The X-Mas releases were actually brought to my attention by Bill Culver's "ArcadeUSA" YouTube channel. I *might* have stumbled upon them on my own but I generally stick to the various AA Atari forums. I found the link to THESE questions on Facebook.

• Like 1

Active player

I purchased all the super games last year and actually already had those roms in my collection.

Both.

Saw it here first

• Like 1

Hi TPR, I believe this is my first post in the Colecovision forum. For a bit of context, I'm very off and on again with Atari Age, and when I am active my focus is generally Atari 7800 and Intellivision. I have always been super interested in Colecovision though, like to the extent that I check out the Adam/Colecovision forum every time I am on AA and I have been following the "ColecoVision Fan" FB page for at least a year. I don't actually have a ColecoVision yet... I intended to get one last year but it didn't work out for various reasons, so now it is among my 2018 gaming goals. So to your questions:

1.) Downloading these games is preemptive for me. When I do get a ColecoVision, I intend to put them on a flash cart and see what I like.

2.) Games that I really like end up being purchased. I want to support current developers of older systems and believe the best way to do that is spending money. I do tend to have preference for the ability to buy ROM's and put them on a flash cart because space is a bit of an issue for me, however I do have quite a few of the 2600 and 7800 homebrews boxed, so once I do get my ColecoVision, who knows which direction I will go with that?

3.) Wait, there is ColecoVision emulation these days? :party:

4.) I am here via the "ColecoVision Fan" FB page.

Thank you for releasing these and giving me a good start when I'm finally able to get my system. I hope to be doing actual business with ColecoVision publishers in the not-too-distant future.

• Like 1