IGNORED

Games you had as a kid you haven't got in your collection again

Jason_Atari

Based on my memory, these are the games I had when I was a kid. My family couldn't afford alot of games back then so some of these were bought from the discount bin at KB Toys. I remember I had wanted Star Raiders for over a year, and I got it one year on Christmas. I played that game so much!

Here is the list (from memory) of games I had when I was a kid:

• Fantastic Voyage
  • Space Jockey
  • Commando Raid
  • air-sea Battle
  • Combat (Tank)
  • Yar's Revenge
  • Star Raiders
  • Astroblast
  • Dark Cavern
  • Pele's Soccer
  • Trick shot
  • Spider Man (free from cereal box)
  • Space combat (Space War)

By 2012, I had managed to obtain (from eBay) all of these except for Spider Man. Then, @2014, emotion clouded my judgment and I sold them. o_O

All except Star Raiders - I still have that, boxed, with key pad.

Of that list, I have managed to buy back - Yars' Revenge (w/ box) and Space War (w/box), Astroblast, Combat and Dark Cavern. My intention is to eventually gain a boxed collection of those games I had as a kid, as well as selected other collections. For example, I am currently working on a boxed Atari Force game collection, which has taken a very long time due to unemployment getting in the way

I have other games, but none from when I was a kid.

Anyways, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. \\//,

I reacquired all of my childhood games by the late 90's, only to eventually sell/trade off stuff years later that I no longer play. Games like Atari Video Cube, RealSports Baseball, Outlaw (sold it shortly after the awesome Gunfight was released) and SQ: Earthworld and Fireworld. No longer care to keep games or peripherals in my collection that never see use.

Amazingly, none. Managed to keep everything 2600, NES, and CoCo from childhood thanks to my parents having a big basement and saving everything until I was on my own.

Later in life I aquired a Neo-Geo AES and a decent number of games. But sold the lot back in 2011 or so when I needed some cash, and also bought an MVS. Kinda regret that decision now.

Sadly now it is nearing the time I should think about shrinking down the whole collection.