IGNORED

Laminated Intellivision Instructions - In Store Display?

Lathe26

I briefly posted about these earlier, but a while ago I picked up laminated Intellivision game instructions. These are likely from an in-store display, possibly a playable station. Below are 4 teaser photos just to show what they overall look like and show the order that they arrived in (might be the original order or maybe someone re-ordered them). Yes, there might be 1 instruction card missing that went between Football and Chess, this is not definite.

There will be a follow-up post today with each side digitally scanned so everyone can get a good close look at these. The posted ones will be at 150 dpi, but I can make 600 dpi copies available for individuals who want them (a 130MB download).

If you take a close look at overlays, you will see that they are re-drawn versions of the original overlays we know and love. This likely optimized them for black-and-white printing.

Interestingly, the Astrosmash overlay appears to what it would have looked like if the Meteor game had been fully included as original planned. Has any other image of the Astrosmash + Meteor overlay been uncovered before?

A minor difference also spotted is that the Utopia overlay building image over the "2" button is missing its windows (viewable in the upcoming digital scans).

I have not fully read or analyzed these yet. There likely are more differences so feel free to point them out (once I post all the detailed scans).

post-37124-0-12014700-1514344757_thumb.jpg

post-37124-0-51872700-1514344763_thumb.jpg

post-37124-0-20223600-1514344771_thumb.jpg

post-37124-0-54856800-1514344779_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

I briefly posted about these earlier, but a while ago I picked up laminated Intellivision game instructions. These are likely from an in-store display, possibly a playable station. Below are 4 teaser photos just to show what they overall look like and show the order that they arrived in (might be the original order or maybe someone re-ordered them). Yes, there might be 1 instruction card missing that went between Football and Chess, this is not definite.

There will be a follow-up post today with each side digitally scanned so everyone can get a good close look at these. The posted ones will be at 150 dpi, but I can make 600 dpi copies available for individuals who want them (a 130MB download).

If you take a close look at overlays, you will see that they are re-drawn versions of the original overlays we know and love. This likely optimized them for black-and-white printing.

Interestingly, the Astrosmash overlay appears to what it would have looked like if the Meteor game had been fully included as original planned. Has any other image of the Astrosmash + Meteor overlay been uncovered before?

A minor difference also spotted is that the Utopia overlay building image over the "2" button is missing its windows (viewable in the upcoming digital scans).

I have not fully read or analyzed these yet. There likely are more differences so feel free to point them out (once I post all the detailed scans).

attachicon.gifIntellivision Lamenated Instructions - Store Demo Display - In Order (1).jpg

attachicon.gifIntellivision Lamenated Instructions - Store Demo Display - In Order (2).jpg

attachicon.gifIntellivision Lamenated Instructions - Store Demo Display - In Order (3).jpg

attachicon.gifIntellivision Lamenated Instructions - Store Demo Display - In Order (4).jpg

That Astrosmash overlay image gives direct evidence to a question I posited a long time ago. AWESOMENESS!

• Like 1

That Astrosmash overlay image gives direct evidence to a question I posited a long time ago. AWESOMENESS!

Here's the high-resolution 600dpi images. Feel free to post them on your WWW site. :)

Intellivision Lamenated Instructions - Store Demo Display 01-14.zip

Intellivision Lamenated Instructions - Store Demo Display 15-28.zip

Intellivision Lamenated Instructions - Store Demo Display 29-38.zip

• Like 1