Altirra 3.00 released

altirra emulation

82 replies to this topic

#76 JohnBlbec OFFLINE  

JohnBlbec

Combat Commando

• 7 posts

Posted Thu Jan 4, 2018 1:13 AM

@phaeron, thanks for altirra and thanks for a new release. i appreciate you develop such great piece of software! :-)

#77 DrVenkman OFFLINE  

DrVenkman

River Patroller

• 2,575 posts
  • Back off, man! I'm a scientist.

Posted Thu Jan 4, 2018 6:50 AM

You know, Bryan in his various video mods and now the UAV may have just that kind of scope data. And if not, he may be interested in getting it for you as well, since it plays right into his own interest in A8 video signal output. Maybe you could PM him and compare notes?

#78 _The Doctor__ OFFLINE  

_The Doctor__

River Patroller

• 3,255 posts

Posted Thu Jan 4, 2018 5:38 PM

answering related question about rrggbb

rrg/gbb  rgg/bbr  ggb/brr  gbb/rrg  bbr/rgg  brr/ggb   are the pairs we work with, each frame is two fields on the crt

In hi-res mode states are handled as 2 pixels and GTIA states are half pixels, first left, then right.

Where you start is up to you. Mess with the timing.

The specific monitor issues were due to decode and the rgb or bgr mask btw.. it did not matter for fulls clocks, but fractional clocks caused the issue and the artifacts were changed as a result. so more changes. and changes again. In a perfect world, make it select-able but it wasn't a perfect world.

Edited by _The Doctor__, Thu Jan 4, 2018 6:10 PM.

#79 atari65xenajm OFFLINE  

atari65xenajm

Space Invader

• 34 posts

Posted Thu Jan 4, 2018 6:09 PM

Hello phaeron.  I wanted to bring to your attention that a few new mappers have been identified based on aDawliah cartridge NA0002.  Please check this thread: http://atariage.com/...-os-najm/page-2

It would be great if Altirra can support these mappers (69 and 70).  Kr0tki has reverse-engineered these two for the community based on a few cartridges from aDawliah.  Thanks.

#80 Stephen OFFLINE  

Stephen

Quadrunner

• 6,635 posts
  • A8 Gear Head

Posted Thu Jan 4, 2018 6:39 PM

Hello phaeron.  I wanted to bring to your attention that a few new mappers have been identified based on aDawliah cartridge NA0002.  Please check this thread: http://atariage.com/...-os-najm/page-2

It would be great if Altirra can support these mappers (69 and 70).  Kr0tki has reverse-engineered these two for the community based on a few cartridges from aDawliah.  Thanks.

Could someone maybe determine why this post is mostly unreadable when using the "deflection" skin?

#81 _The Doctor__ OFFLINE  

_The Doctor__

River Patroller

• 3,255 posts

Posted Thu Jan 4, 2018 7:15 PM

What OS/Browser / and video settings are you using? I've switched skins and it's there for me..... perhaps the specific worst offending post for some experimentation?

I am however using the deflection skin on and lcd not a crt...

#82 Kyle22 OFFLINE  

Kyle22

River Patroller

• 3,180 posts

Posted Thu Jan 4, 2018 8:45 PM

Hey Doc, that was a nice triple header you posted above.
😀

#83 mechanerd OFFLINE  

mechanerd

Star Raider

• 82 posts

Posted Sat Jan 6, 2018 6:59 PM

Thanks for this Christmas present!

Can Altirra load >10K Firmware / OS for 400/800 emulation? I am trying to test the attached 16K OS file consisting of 4K Omnimon 800, 2K of empty space, 2K of Fastchip and 8K of Newell OS N. While all of this runs perfectly in XL mode and a 10K file with Fastchip and OS N only runs in 400/800 mode, the 16K firmware is apparently not loaded at C000 in 400/800 modes. There is an "option" field in the firmware definition dialog but it is not accessible. 

16K Firmware with Omnimon 800, Fastchip and OS N: attachicon.gifOSNFastOmni.bin

10K Firmware with Fastchip and OS N: attachicon.gifOSNFast.bin

Did you see my posting about the rom download from the Newell Omniview board? I did a dump of it with the Omniview and the Omnimon 800 installed in the last socket of the board that resides from C000-CFFF.  I wonder where the option is to load roms into that space with Altirra.  I really want to reverse engineer this board and make a bootstrap loader of sort eventually. 

I would like to see this feature if possible to be able to load roms other than stock. I know it would be on an as-is basis that could crash the emulator.

Attached Files

• slx likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: altirra, emulation

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users