IGNORED

Many Things to Be Thankful for in 2017

gilsaluki

Wow! What a year it has been, 2017, for the Atari 8-bit computer. New games, new devices, revived 1027s, etc, etc, etc. We all should be thankful for this year, as it relates to keeping the Atari 8-bit alive and thriving. What a miracle it is that these machines are still in service, meeting the needs (or wants) of its owners. Who'd thunk it back in the early 80s? Well, Happy New Year to all. May our mighty 8-bit thrive and advance into the future.

• Like 5

And of course the same to you...

For oldies like me its amazing to think I still get so much fun from my old Atari, I've watched many others dislocate from their old computers as if its a childish thing and being old means its not right to have a play...

WRONG!!

I'm 56, I'm still 20 in my mind and I still love a good play, sure my body isn't happy with that but its not going to stop me trying....

What's also nice is that I'm still learning about my old Atari thanks to all the skilled users on here, there's devices I never had back in the day I can now enjoy thanks to help from people like Flashjazzcat and all the other wonderful devs on here. Will I feel like it was back then in the first days of arcades and home computing, maybe not but I'll still feed off so many good memories that it will be a close second.

Carry on Atarians, time and age cannot defeat us....(well not without a good fight)

• Like 4