In need of CorComp FDC pics...

54 replies to this topic

#51 pcoderdude14 OFFLINE  

pcoderdude14

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 26 posts

Posted Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:59 PM

If you get to the point where you need some new EPROM DSR chips, FYI I have both originals and MG upgrades.I also have a mod that removes DSK4 permanently (if you have a RAMdisk designated as such).

I would be interested on getting a "set"  of these chips from you.  Could you please contact me , thru email, at >jstimatz2015@yahoo.com< to discuss this more ...

Thanks...

Jt

#52 marc.hull OFFLINE  

marc.hull

Stargunner

• 1,129 posts

Posted Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:37 PM

The possibilities with the highest likelyhood are.

1) 9901 has issues. It can be replaced easily and might clear things up.

2) your PALs are cooked which means your card is bricked until someone goes sherlock on a good one so they can be replicated.

All of the card decode is done in the PALs. It sounds like your address line decode has gone haywire.

Good luck.

#53 RickyDean OFFLINE  

RickyDean

Dragonstomper

• 711 posts

Posted Yesterday, 7:20 AM

The possibilities with the highest likelyhood are.

1) 9901 has issues. It can be replaced easily and might clear things up.

2) your PALs are cooked which means your card is bricked until someone goes sherlock on a good one so they can be replicated.

All of the card decode is done in the PALs. It sounds like your address line decode has gone haywire.

Good luck.

He might be able to exchange the pal from his bad card to temporarily see if they work on the good card. That will let him know if they are bad. I would, as I expect to find on mine that it is a bad solder connection or trace. At least mine now goes to the title screen.

#54 marc.hull OFFLINE  

marc.hull

Stargunner

• 1,129 posts

Posted Yesterday, 5:33 PM

Well I hope you are right. I really don't know if all Corcomp FDC PAL equations are equal. The 12L6nc has dedicated in/out pins ( if I am remembering right) so no possibility of damage ( check the data sheet first) in swapping.

I just know that both those IC's are connected straight to the PEB without buffering and that is the source of my doubt.

As a general question.

Does anyone here have the capacity ( or is it possible) to read out the PAL state with or without security ?

This has been an on going issue for quite a while and a replacememt would be very benificial.

#55 arcadeshopper OFFLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 2,698 posts

Posted Today, 3:10 PM

I would be interested on getting a "set"  of these chips from you.  Could you please contact me , thru email, at >jstimatz2015@yahoo.com< to discuss this more ...

Thanks...

Jt

you already did.. i resell his chips, he mailed them to you

Greg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users