IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2018)

Coming in a day late with my times this week, but it doesn't look like the final stats for the last few weeks are in yet so hopefully I can get a pass on the tardiness. :)

JL7yBES.jpg

Ineligible
Adventure (Atari 2600) - 54 minutes
Breakout (Atari 2600) - 29 minutes
Centipede (Atari 2600) - 45 minutes
Jr. Pac-Man (Atari 2600) - 7 minutes
Ms. Pac-Man (Sega Genesis) - 15 minutes
Venture (Atari 2600) - 15 minutes

Nintendo 3DS
Pokémon: Ultra Sun - 353 minutes
Resident Evil: Revelations - 1,661 minutes
StreetPass Mii Plaza - 28 minutes

Nintendo GameCube
Star Fox Adventures - 380 minutes

Total Play Time This Week
2,587 minutes (43 hours 7 minutes) [2,422 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week
Nintendo 3DS: 2,042 minutes
Nintendo GameCube: 380 minutes
Atari 2600: 150 minutes
Sega Genesis: 15 minutes

Yea work has been hectic lately :( I got the last few weeks updated and ready to post but now I have this weeks too :/

Post them as you get 'em done I say, and as I said before I can take over running the Modern tracker if it's turning out to be too much work to make time in your schedule for. I remember well from my time in college that the farther you get behind on something the harder it is to catch up.

Heres the update for the last couple weeks :/ I'll have this weeks up in a few. Things have slowed a bit but looks like either next week or the week after Im fixing to get slammed again so if Jin is serious about wanting to take over he can. If not there may be a delay in updates at times. Sorry about this guys :/

post-39068-0-65953800-1521707531.jpg

• Like 1

Am I the only one playing PS2, PS3, and Xbox 360? lol... I think those might all be my times.

Don't feel too bad, my household is the only one playing GameCube and Wii thus far. I'll be joining you with some Xbox 360 time too next week! I've been playing Dead Space for the 360 a lot over the past few days and have been having an awesome time with it. Well, as awesome of a time as you can have running in terror and nearly jumping out of your skin every 5 minutes when some horrific creature springs out of the darkness trying to chew your face off. :lol:

• Like 1

Don't feel too bad, my household is the only one playing GameCube and Wii thus far. I'll be joining you with some Xbox 360 time too next week! I've been playing Dead Space for the 360 a lot over the past few days and have been having an awesome time with it. Well, as awesome of a time as you can have running in terror and nearly jumping out of your skin every 5 minutes when some horrific creature springs out of the darkness trying to chew your face off. :lol:

Well in that case, I'll join you with the Wii and GameCube times! I'll play some special tonight! lol

• Like 1

PSP:

Lumines - 77 min.

Yup, I brought out the only post-2000 gaming system (*) I own and played a little for the first time since November 2014. Good fun.

(*) Ok, I own several post-2000 low end Windows PCs but they're barely capable of playing PC games of their era, not to mention I have no interest in such games. I suppose a few rounds of Freecell or Spider Solitaire on Windows XP/7/10 technically would qualify for the modern tracker, as well as playing Bubbles in Emacs compiled on this side of year 2000 but I'm not likely to track those times.

• Like 1

Here are my times for the past week (March 19th through 25th)...

Android:
Crazy Taxi: City Rush - 85 min. in 7 sessions

Crazy Taxi: City Rush is still the only game I played this week, and it doesn't look like I will play any others soon. There are still many things to do regarding the death of my mother... her funeral will be on Thursday, then there's a soul mass on April 3rd, and on April 10rd there's the first visit at the notary in order to deal with her estate (or whatever you call that in proper English). There's also a fundamental problem with gaming in that my mother was into video and computer games as well (at least as long as she still could see properly), but my father is not. Right now I spend much more time with my father than I used to spend with my parents before my mother died, and because he's still my father, I somehow feel obliged not to pursue unnecessary things such as gaming as long as there are more important things to do.

In the game itself, I'm making progress, now having completed the bronze medal and three out of seven missions in the "Hills" district.

• Like 1

With the arrival of an Xbox One S in the mail it turned out to be quite a week of modern gaming for me this past week! As usual you can find my writeup for my household's gaming activities over the past week here in the classic gaming tracker thread. :)

n4HfUKf.jpg

Ineligible
Asteroids (Arcade, played on Midway Presents Arcade's Greatest Hits: The Atari Collection 1 for PlayStation) - 14 minutes
Centipede (Arcade, played on Midway Presents Arcade's Greatest Hits: The Atari Collection 1 for PlayStation) - 24 minutes
Centipede (Atari 2600) - 23 minutes

Mortal Kombat II (Sega 32X) - 32 minutes
Mortal Kombat II (Sega Genesis) - 17 minutes

Microsoft Xbox 360
Dead Space - 297 minutes

Microsoft Xbox One
DOOM - 1,144 minutes
Super Lucky's Tale - 859 minutes

Nintendo 3DS
Pokémon: Ultra Sun - 44 minutes
Resident Evil: Revelations - 82 minutes
StreetPass Mii Plaza - 21 minutes

2,557 minutes (42 hours 37 minutes) [2,447 minutes eligible]

Microsoft Xbox One: 2,003 minutes
Microsoft Xbox 360: 297 minutes
Nintendo 3DS: 147 minutes
Arcade: 38 minutes
Sega 32X: 32 minutes
Atari 2600: 23 minutes
Sega Genesis: 17 minutes

• Like 1

Not much time here this week... but I did play some GameCube Jin!

GameCube

Mario Kart Double Dash - 30 min (I still think this is my favorite Mario Kart. I have the SNES original and the Wii version, but don't play either of those as much. Oh also have the DS one, but again, don't play it much.)

Also, in case you don't read the classic game tracker, I've been playing a lot of Everquest lately. Where do you guys think I should include those times (if I decide to time it)? Original EQ came out in 99 (Classic) but all the expansions came out afterwards (Modern). And the game has changed sooo much since those 1999 times...

• Like 1

Not much time here this week... but I did play some GameCube Jin!

GameCube

Mario Kart Double Dash - 30 min (I still think this is my favorite Mario Kart. I have the SNES original and the Wii version, but don't play either of those as much. Oh also have the DS one, but again, don't play it much.)

Also, in case you don't read the classic game tracker, I've been playing a lot of Everquest lately. Where do you guys think I should include those times (if I decide to time it)? Original EQ came out in 99 (Classic) but all the expansions came out afterwards (Modern). And the game has changed sooo much since those 1999 times...

Yea I’d say it’s modern since it’s nothing like it was back in 99

• Like 1

I would think EverQuest is more modern than it is classic, given that the minimum spec has gone from Pentium 166 MHz and 32 MB in 1999 to Pentium 4/Athlon 64 and 2 GB in 2018. Is it only online, or can you play the 1999 release locally?

I think there's like an independent server or something? It's called P99 or something like that. But I'm playing on a "time locked progression" server that will stop at the Planes of Power expansion. So yeah, it's pretty modern. I don't know that I could go back to playing it as originally released.

Here are my times for this past week (March 26th through April 1st) on modern games:

Android:
Crazy Taxi: City Rush - 100 min. in 7 sessions

I continued to play Crazy Taxi: City Rush, in which I'm still making progress. I think I'm through 4 or 5 out of 7 missions in the "Hills" district now, but there are still some upgrades to do before my cab is powerful enough to make the last mission.

• Like 1

I'm almost embarrassed by one of these times...

PS3

Alien: Colonial Marines - 30 min (Played this with my son in a coop campaign. Not a bad little game, but it was a little confusing. I had never played it before and was just pressing buttons at first to see what they all did... then I would forget and have to test them again. It was fun, but made me want to get AvP for my Jaguar. lol)

PC/Online/MMORPG?

Everquest - 1001 min (Yeah... 1001 min... my timer shows 16 hours, 41 min, and 7.13 seconds... and I didn't even time what I played on Saturday. I pretty much sunk every evening into it this week. Mainly just farting around. I played this for a few years, starting in 2000 and playing up until WoW came out. I've had fun just thinking of names... my halfling druid is named Hearin Things... no one else has a last name yet as they are all below lvl 20, but eventually I'll have a troll shadowknight named Smellin Funky and a Human Monk named Socially Awkward. I really didn't think I'd get sucked so far back into it...)

• Like 1

It was a nice mellow week for gaming around here this past week, with a good bit of both classic and modern gaming time logged. :)

vqhcVpo.jpg

Ineligible
Breakout (Atari 2600) - 41 minutes
Centipede (Atari 2600) - 46 minutes
Pac-Man (Atari 2600) - 22 minutes
Space Invaders (Atari 2600) - 25 minutes
Starmaster (Atari 2600) - 32 minutes

Nintendo 3DS
Resident Evil: Revelations - 60 minutes

Nintendo GameCube
Star Fox Adventures - 110 minutes

Nintendo Wii
The House of the Dead: Overkill - 74 minutes

Xbox 360
Dead Space - 554 minutes

964 minutes (16 hours 4 minutes) [798 minutes eligible]

Xbox 360: 554 minutes
Atari 2600: 166 minutes
Nintendo GameCube: 110 minutes
Nintendo Wii: 74 minutes
Nintendo 3DS: 60 minutes

For me the majority of the week was spent finishing up the original Dead Space for the Xbox 360, and holy hell is that game ever scary! It's definitely a toss up between the original Silent Hill on the PlayStation, Dead Space on the Xbox 360, and Dead Space: Extraction on the Wii for which is the scariest game I've ever played. If I had to pick just one for my scariest game of all time though I'd probably have to go with Dead Space: Extraction, simply due to the fact that it's on rails and not being able to stop or run away when hordes of horrifying monsters are trying to gnaw your face off makes for an incredibly tense experience. The original Dead Space was still fantastic though, and I'll be looking forward to playing Dead Space 2 in the near future.

Speaking of monsters, I also spent a bit of time testing out a newly acquired Nyko Perfect Shot pistol grip for the Wii by dual wielding handguns in The House of the Dead: Overkill for an hour or so and playing a bit of Raid Mode in Resident Evil: Revelations on the 3DS when I had some down time one afternoon. Outside of mowing down various forms of the undead, the rest of my gaming for the week consisted of Atari 2600 games played together with the misses. I've been really enjoying Game 5 in Breakout as of late, seeing how fast I can complete one screen of bricks (my current record for fastest time is 163 seconds) and I also explored some different game modes in the 2600's killer app Space Invaders. Starmaster is always great fun too. For the spousal unit's gaming this past week she set a new household high score record of 297,770 in Centipede then spent some time trying out Atari's not-so-arcade-accurate but still fun version of Pac-Man for the 2600. Still catching up on her reading she didn't play a whole lot else game wise this past week, but she did put a couple more hours into Star Fox Adventures last night and had fun with it.

Looking ahead to week I'm not too sure what I'll be playing. There is some DLC for Super Lucky's Tale on the Xbox One that I'd like to check out, and I still have a 1 month free trial of Xbox Game Pass (which is basically Netflix for video games, allowing you to download and play over a hundred different Xbox One games for $10 a month or so) that I haven't activated yet so there's definitely a good bit of modern gaming options at my disposal. I've also got a few classic Atari items coming in the mail, but the power supply I'll need to use them might not arrive in the mail for a while for a couple weeks so we'll have to wait and see on those. I'm guessing the misses will be getting in some more time in Star Fox Adventures next week but I'm not sure what if anything she has on her classic gaming agenda.

That about covers everything for this week, so until next time, best wishes and happy gaming to you and yours! And oh, a belated Happy Easter to all of you as well! :)

• Like 2