IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2018 (Season 11)

Hal did some Atari ports. Millipede for NES is one example. But I did not know they ever released anything on anything other than Nintendo systems. In fact I did not know they even existed in 1982.

I've had this disk since about 1985, when it was given to me. It has Blackjack, Bowling, Lemans, Avenger, Kickman, Omega Race, Jupiter Lander, Invaders, Night Driver, Supersmash, Frog Master, Visible Solar System, Starfire, Clowns, Wizard of Wor, Greenhouse, Music Machine, Othello, Hi-Q, and Checkers on it.

:) It copies fairly easy, so I've got backups, lol.

Edited by zylon
  • Like 6

Here's the summary for Week 48, running from November 26 - December 2. We logged 5790 minutes of eligible play, playing 64 games on a total of 14 systems.

Top 10:

1. Zero Tolerance (Genesis) - 853

2. Castlevania: Bloodlines (Genesis) - 682

3. Cave Creatures (TI-99/4A) - 448

4. Tetris (NES/Famicom) - 325

5. Dig Dug (Atari 2600) - 288

6. St. Nick (TI-99/4A) - 252

7. Roc 'n' Rope (Atari 2600) - 210

7. Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap (Sega Master System) - 210

9. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 201

10. Clan Lord (PC (Windows 95/98)) - 200

10. Ookma-Kyi (PC (Windows 95/98)) - 200

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Cave Creatures (TI-99/4A) - 448

2. Dig Dug (Atari 2600) - 288

3. St. Nick (TI-99/4A) - 252

4. Roc 'n' Rope (Atari 2600) - 210

5. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 201

6. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 173

7. Stay Frosty 2: Stay Frostier (Atari 2600) - 85

8. Henhouse (TI-99/4A) - 75

9. Video Vegas (TI-99/4A) - 68

10. M.U.L.E. (Atari 8-bit) - 65

Top 10 systems:

1. Genesis (1693)

2. Atari 2600 (1269)

3. TI-99/4A (1075)

4. PC (Windows 95/98) (400)

5. NES/Famicom (325)

6. Sega Master System (210)

7. Arcade (193)

8. SNES (179)

9. Game Boy (155)

10. Atari Jaguar (119)

The Genesis roars to the top of the charts, thanks to #1 game Zero Tolerance and #2 Castlevania: Bloodlines, both of which join the 1000-minute club with 1234 and 1388 minutes logged respectively.

The 1000-minute club grabs a third member from the other end of the Top 10, as Clan Lord also joins with 1020 minutes logged. Together these games become members #345-347 of that crowded VIP society.

Odd statistical anomaly: this week's total time is within 0.25% of Week 47's time -- only 13 minutes difference.

• Like 8

ATARI 2600:

Missile Command - 71 minutes

Stay Frosty 2: Stay Frostier - 329 minutes

This week, I rescued more 2 Santa Claus helpers: one by completing 2 courses (Level 64) and another one by completing 3 courses (Level 96). Until Christmas week, my final goal is to save Santa by completing 128 levels and defeating 4 Firebosses.

Also, I used Level Selector to practice the higher levels and memorize the walkthough to complete this Christmas game successfully.

In 2015, I made a short video presenting the usage of Level Selector (mentioned by the programmer Spiceware) and choosing the final level (Stage 128).

post-24681-0-25212500-1544311785_thumb.png

post-24681-0-51179800-1544311778_thumb.png

• Like 6

Atari 2600

Dig Dug: 18 min

Gopher: 5 min

Sega Master System

Wonder Boy III - The Dragon's Trap: 200 min

Some progress in WB III. Beat one more Dragon Boss and did a bit of farming/exploration. Tried to go after the last Dragon Boss before the final one, but got beat up badly before even reaching him. Need to refine my strategy for that one...

• Like 6

Times for the week:

NES. Tetris 216 minutes. After reading thegoldenbands thread about Tetris, I wanted to see what I can do on type B level 19. I beat 19-0 and 19-1 quickly. It took 2 1/2 hours to beat 19-2. Wont try 19-3. Conquered 13-5 pretty quick. Beat 500,000 on type A yesterday. My favorite NES game.

Atari 2600:

For HSC

Dig Dug 82 mins

Gopher 19 mins

Also, Breakout 9 mins

Eggomania 27 mins

Laser Blast 15 mins

Solar Fox 266 Mins

All fun games.

post-40881-0-46322600-1544414265_thumb.jpeg

post-40881-0-40368700-1544414281_thumb.jpeg

Edited by agb
  • Like 7

My times for the week:

NES:
Tetris - 119 min.
Famicom Disk System:
Konamic Tennis - 4 min.
Game Boy:
Noobow - 87 min.
Beat Noobow, a kids' game for Game Boy, and got just under 200k on Tetris starting on Level 12. Not sure I'm up for trying for more than that, but we'll see.
  • Like 6

Here are my times for the past week (December 3rd through 9th)...

Atari 7800:

Baby Pac-Man (WIP) - 212 min. in 7 sessions

Galaxians (WIP) - 3 min.

Commodore 64:

Dino Eggs - 32 min.

This week, thanks to the extended Internet outage at home, I managed to complete my part of the work on Baby Pac-Man. Since Bob has already posted a binary where there's a way to go back from the pinball part to the maze (after you've lost the ball), I now consider the "full" play mode playable, so I did quite a bit of playing there.

I also tried Baby Blue Azure's Galaxians, which actually is one subgame out of Gorf, but something got mixed up there... the enemies look like those in Galaxian, but behave like those in Space Invaders. Also enemy fire won't kill you, so I consider this game incomplete and didn't spend much time on it.

Finally, I played a bit of Dino Eggs on the C-64 because your task of collecting the eggs and bringing them to a portal there is similar to the task which scooter chargers have... collecting scooters, charging them and putting them back to some specified location. Those 32 minutes were one game in which I made it to the last level, but couldn't complete it.

• Like 6

A2600

HERO 30

Megamania 303

Mystery ST 3k 8

Santa HERO 13

I got what I think is a personal best at Megamania of 235k, but I always feel like I've let myself down in that game. Maybe someday I'll reach 1mil but not today LOL.

MST 3k is a Megamania hack and Santa HERO is a HERO hack.

• Like 6

A pretty darn good week for gaming around here this past week, with play times split relatively equally between classic and modern games. :)

sDzl2tz.jpg

Ineligible
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (Nintendo 3DS) - 600 minutes

Atari 2600
Dig Dug - 100 minutes

PlayStation
Tomb Raider - 144 minutes

Sega Genesis
B.O.B. - 69 minutes
Golden Axe (Played on Genesis 6-Pak) - 53 minutes
The Revenge of Shinobi (Played on Genesis 6-Pak) - 262 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week
1,228 minutes (20 hours 28 minutes) [628 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week
Nintendo 3DS: 600 minutes
Sega Genesis: 384 minutes
PlayStation: 144 minutes
Atari 2600: 100 minutes

Starting off the week I wasn't exactly sure what to play, so I decided to get back to B.O.B. on the Genesis and see if I could make some forward progress. Unfortunately the maze-like levels have probably gotten just a little too tough for me at this point so it wasn't long before I abandoned B.O.B. and went looking for something new to play. The misses was in much the same boat, having given up on Super Metroid on account of not being able to beat Ridley, so she decided to give The Revenge of Shinobi on the Genesis a try.

She had never played The Revenge of Shinobi before but had seen it praised by many game reviewers on YouTube and thought it looked fun, and (much to my surprise) she ended up loving it and beat the entire game on her second attempt. I've always struggled with this game and found it to be absurdly difficult, never making it further than the 4th or 5th stage, but that didn't seem to be a problem for the spousal unit. After watching her plow through The Revenge of Shinobi I decided to take on a game that she had always had a tough time with and never beaten, that game being Golden Axe, and (much to her surprise) managed to beat it on my first try! It felt like quite an accomplishment too, since while I've beaten Golden Axe II many times I had never beaten the original before.

With a few Sega Genesis games under our belts for the week I spent a little time playing Dig Dug for the Atari 2600 High Score Club, until I was pretty confident that I had gotten the best score I could, then finally settled on a longer and more story driven game to occupy my free time. The game I decided to play was the Master Quest in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D on the 3DS. I had played through the original Ocarina of Time earlier in the year but had never tried the Master Quest that unlocks upon beating the original game, and seeing as how my 3DS had been sitting around collecting dust for the last couple months it seemed like a good way to give the system some use again. It ended up being a very good decision and it never fails to amaze me just how astonishingly good the stereoscopic 3D effect is on the New 3DS XL, which is something I seem to forget whenever I go a while without playing the system. I definitely need to pick up some more 3DS games to play next year as finances allow.

For her gaming time for the rest of the week the misses settled on an old favorite that she usually plays through once a year, Tomb Raider on the PlayStation. She's only logged a few hours in it thus far but is already 1/3 or so of the way through the game and I have no doubt that she'll breeze through the rest of the game in fairly short order. She's already declared her intention to play through Tomb Raider II next after she finishes the original, and at this rate it looks like she'll be starting in on the second game in the series next week. For my gaming time next week the only things on my agenda are to continue playing through the Master Quest in Ocarina of Time 3D and spend a bit of time with next week's Atari 2600 High Score Club game, but that's pretty much it for me.

I think that about covers everything for this week, so until next time and as always, best wishes and happy gaming to you and yours. :)

Edited by Jin
  • Like 7

The boys got into some kind of competitive retro-gaming contest with each other this week. They were actually fighting for control of the joysticks a few times. . .the most important part is that they had a lot of fun doing it. :) :) :) I got a little time of my own in too, which was very relaxing--until they wanted to pillage the joysticks from the old fart again. LOL

TI-99/4A

Arcturus 18 minutes

Black Hole 7 minutes

Bouncy 46 minutes

Breakthru 40 minutes

Burger Builder 20 minutes

Burgertime 111 minutes

Cave Creatures 21 minutes

Eric in Monsterland 12 minutes

Flappy Bird 42 minutes

Flying Shark 6 minutes

Henhouse 41 minutes

Jet Set Willy 30 minutes

Killer Caterpillar 14 minutes

Munchmobile 3 minutes

Parsec 46 minutes

Road Hunter 9 minutes

St. Nick 48 minutes

TI Scramble 28 minutes

Titanium 2 minutes

Tutankham 8 minutes

• Like 9

I actually got my girlfriend to play some this week! lol She has a gaming achievement that I never have gotten... back in the day, she beat Sonic the Hedgehog. I don't think she got all the Chaos Emeralds, but still, I haven't done it.

Sega Genesis

Sonic the Hedgehog - 90 min (We kinda played together, passing the controller back and forth between deaths. I played longer than she did, but she's out of practice. I forgot what the story was, exactly, about how she beat it back then. Something about living somewhere where she had nothing else to do, no car, no money, or whatever, so she just played Sonic to pass the time. Eventually beating it. Anyway, we had fun with it and she mentioned maybe playing Sonic 2 some time.)

Streets of Rage - 30 min (After playing Sonic, I started up Streets of Rage (these are both on the 6-pak game we were using to play Sonic). I like Streets of Rage 2 better, but this is still a pretty good beat-em-up. I did feel I got hit a lot more than in SoR2. A bit harder to avoid damage at times. And, as usual, the first button I pressed was the special attack button... and then I never remembered to use it again. lol... Anyway, this has some great music. I let the music play at the game over screen for probably an hour... just looping in the background while I started surfing the web.)

Arcade (MAME)

Altered Beast - 35 min (Quarter fed this one to the ending... started getting really annoyed by the knock back and difficulty in getting to the white wolves for the powerups. I probably had them pass me by a good seven or eight times before I could get three powerups on the last level. Anyway, I remember playing it in the arcades back in the day. Never was that good at it, but I usually gave it a try. Wise fwom yow gwave!)

Batsugun - 15 min (I'm not that great at shooters to begin with... and this is kinda one of those "bullet hell" shooters, so I was even worse. I really need to get a better joystick. The Playstation one I'm using would be perfect if the joystick worked properly. I mean, it works, but it has some dead zone issues... can really make it difficult to reliably maneuver in the tight spaces that a bullet hell shooter requires.)

Battlezone - 10 min (Got this one to work with a PS2 dual analog controller. Worked pretty well, but I suck at this game. It's one I know I could get better at if I practiced, but right now it's one that will probably get limited playtime simply because there are so many options. I like the green wireframe/vector graphics, but it's not a terribly deep game.)

Muchi Muchi Pork - 5 min (Another bullet hell I had to play for the name alone. There's lots of pigs involved in the game... but it's in Japanese, so I'm not sure what they were for other than points...)

Ray Storm - 5 min (This one seemed to have some emulation problems... kinda stuttering and playing slower than it should. The music sounded off, too. Too bad as I was looking forward to playing this one. Oh well, I have the Playstation version (emulated as well) and it seems to run fine. Who knows... possibly the version of MAME, or a bad image, or... I dunno... )

• Like 7

Ookma-Kyi - PC - 120m

Heroes & Shadows - 2600 - 400m

Clan Lord - PC - 0m

Kaboom - 2600 - 120m

Survival Island - 2600 - 15m

Mind Maze - 2600 - 55m

Laptop died so no Clan Lord for me. Hopefully I can get enough money for a new one this Christmas, but hey at least my Atari works! ;)

In other news I moved my Ookma-Kyi to Cloud 9 so I can work on and play test it in my local library. SSSSHHHhh >:)

Also I managed to get a working instance running on my previous cloud provider. As my laptop is dead I have to spend half of the posted time wrestling with it to do what I need it to do to get stuff accomplished. That is why there is such a big number next to it. Let's see how long this will last... :'(

Heroes & Shadows

https://heroesandshadowsgame.neocities.org

Edited by Heroes & Shadows
  • Like 6