IGNORED

Happy New Year... XM shipping this month

Curt Vendel

Since the pre-order confirmation website isn't going up any time soon, who should I contact and how to get the notification email and shipping address changed from the original buyer to me, who bought it from him, in case it is long, long time?

Wasn't there going to be a website to re-add order info? Do we post here instead now? Send directly to the other Curt?

Still very excited.... Thanks for all the hard work guys!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Curt might have the original order info, but there are several people including myself who have bought a pre-order from someone who originally placed the pre-order. Also in the years since the pre-orders were first made many people have moved. This means that for some amount of the pre-orders the information that Curt has is going to be out of date.

I emailed Curt during the latter part of last year, and he said that there eventually will be a website set up where people can input & update their pre-order details.

Swami, you are going to have to wait for the website. I gave Kurt my info, but he replied back to me telling me that the order info can be updated once the website is in place. No ETA on the website, but I suspect that we won't see it until after the boards are finalized, and ready for production.

Swami, you are going to have to wait for the website. I gave Kurt my info, but he replied back to me telling me that the order info can be updated once the website is in place. No ETA on the website, but I suspect that we won't see it until after the boards are finalized, and ready for production.

I'm not sure what harm it would be to put the website up now, unless it is a significant cost. He won't be able to ship them until after the website is up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

An update is definitely overdue. We still need to work out the issue with the BIOS not working correctly. Looks like an timing issue and we have a few things to try out. I've received some new parts to test, but have been too busy to work on Atari projects lately. Bought a house about a month ago, which has consumed my entire summer. Lost my father last weekend which will keep me from working on it until probably next month. I'll post something as soon as I get a chance to try the new parts.

An update is definitely overdue. We still need to work out the issue with the BIOS not working correctly. Looks like an timing issue and we have a few things to try out. I've received some new parts to test, but have been too busy to work on Atari projects lately. Bought a house about a month ago, which has consumed my entire summer. Lost my father last weekend which will keep me from working on it until probably next month. I'll post something as soon as I get a chance to try the new parts.

Very sorry for your loss. You taking the mantle to give updates,ect. has been a kind gesture on your part as really this is Curt's project at the end of the day. Hope your new house quickly becomes a home for you and yours :)

• Like 7

Thanks for the kind words everyone. They brought tears to my eyes.

No words can express the feeling of losing someone close to you. We have all been there at some point. I lost my father in 2002, and have seen my best friend through the loss of his father, brother, and mother. My fiance lost her mom just this year.

Take peace and comfort in those loved ones you still have with you, and the memories you share. Hobby projects can wait, and take a back seat to life. Take care...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, as you know we've been having timing issues with the XM and the 7800 with the rev 3.5 boards...

Perry and I just had a phone call this morning and we were discussing a bunch of things from his DK game to the new 3200 system (new 7800 compatible) to the Bus divider, bus contention and such and the various approaches we've been taking. I really have to say, there really is such a thing as Design blindness, where you've looked at something so many times, the obvious is just starring you in the face and you don't see it.

So we've been focusing on the XM boards and what weren't we looking at - the new Flash chips for the BIOS, they are at 80ms and we should really be in the slower 100-120 range, this solve a number of issues with with timing on the MARIA we've been hit with. So I just ordered in some 120MS 28f010's and we will try them out. This is some really promising news and could put us past this roadblock and move us immediately into High Score and RAM testing, then into the Sound subsystems testing and we could really move forward fast from there...

BTW, I want to also thank Mitch Orman as well, he and I were discussing MARIA timings and he also helped out a great deal with his previous findings.

• Like 17