IGNORED

Happy New Year... XM shipping this month

Curt Vendel

Hmmmm..... when available to get one or no?

What is the projected price of the XM for those of us who didn't pre-order?

From the thread Curt created today regarding the "7800XM Existing Pre-Orders information page". The main page contains the following link(s):

"Please select from below:
1. I am already an Existing Pre-Order Customer
The second option, linked above, provides the following information:
"Many people are very eager to place an order for the 7800 XM's. However there are 189 people who already pre-ordered as far back as 2010 and have been patiently waiting for their XM's to be delivered. So they have to be taken care of first. Once those pre-orders start shipping, an order form will be added here on this page and XM's will also be available for sale on Atariage.com as well.
Prices are $149.99 each, limit one per person to allow everyone a chance to purchase one. I have enough plastics and name plates to build 500 in total which should be more than enough for the 7800 community."
  • Like 5

TESTING/DEBUGGING:

Implemented some updated JED code to the PLD that Mark sent over and he also updated his BIOS for a more detailed error reporting of the Scratch tests. Tried several resistor values on the reset circuit from 4.7k which really make the SRAM super stable to the original 5.6k to 6.8k and 8.2k which stabilize the scratch but then cause some issues with the SRAM verifies... so that's still being worked out.

I'm implementing the updated Yamaha circuit to the opamp tonight and lets see how that running. Once Yamaha is stable and the OpAmp is cleaned up, that is it, that is the last of the shake out/debugging and cut/strap work.

RETAIL BOXES:

One thing I'm going to do is the XM's short term will ship out without the retail boxes. I need to have new box designs done and the packaging inside to hold the XM's, so for the sake of getting them out to people sooner, the boxes will ship to everyone later on. I hope everyone is okay with this and understands the reasoning behind it, the boxes are nice and all, but its the actually XM's that everyone wants so they can use them. So everyone will get everything promised, just gonna have to come separately. Short term the XM's will just ship in Uline boxes bubblewrapped to everyone.

• Like 12

TESTING/DEBUGGING:

RETAIL BOXES:

One thing I'm going to do is the XM's short term will ship out without the retail boxes. I need to have new box designs done and the packaging inside to hold the XM's, so for the sake of getting them out to people sooner, the boxes will ship to everyone later on. I hope everyone is okay with this and understands the reasoning behind it, the boxes are nice and all, but its the actually XM's that everyone wants so they can use them. So everyone will get everything promised, just gonna have to come separately. Short term the XM's will just ship in Uline boxes bubblewrapped to everyone.

I am perfectly content without a box. Be sure to ship them in something sturdy though. :lol:

• Like 1

RETAIL BOXES:

I have no problems with this- the retail box will be great, but I'm happy to get the hardware first. :)

-Rob

Any idea when the preorders will be open to new customers? I want to know so I can have 150 set aside for it.

Well, if progress continues as it has been, hopefully Pre-orders can start shipping out in 30 days to the Developers and then the general customers. To be more cautious I'd say March 1st shipping should start, once those start going out then new orders can start to be looked at. I just need to see people who pre-ordered get the XM's in their hands first. This has been a VERY long time coming and I'm very eager to see these get out to everyone, just have to make sure a solid stable product ships. The 7800 is a really tempermental system with timing and it has been a major challenge to see this device come to fruition. Think of it is as the ultimate cartridge, because to the 7800, that is what it looks like.

• Like 6

Dangit... I remember now.

Both have "Jin" in their username and My Little Pony avatars. Jin and I go back a ways in forum discussions. Sorry for the mixup. :dunce:

I thought they were the same dude! He confirmed we bought his stuff, he wasn't like "huh what are you talking about"? I think he changed his name. How many Jin bronies can there be?

Anyway, back to Xm...man I can't wait to order one. I wish somebody had tracked hardware/homebrew/special releases for 7800 over the years, like on a timeline. This may be the best 7800 year yet. Xm, Baby Pac Man, Rikki and Vikki...not bad. Short the year Bob did his multicart and there were the 30th Anniversary carts, this is tough to beat. (I'd also mark Edladdin releasing his 7800 controller converter as a big deal whenever that happened). 7800 is going strong!!!

• Like 3

I can't wait to order one too. Won't need to hoard Ballblazer carts any longer. :)

Watch the ebay value crash! Sell high fellas! ;)

I swear I recall Wiz saying he used to raid Summer Games carts for something he needed years ago, not sure what....I always wondered if that was why Summer Games was a little harder to find than most.

• Like 1

I thought they were the same dude! He confirmed we bought his stuff, he wasn't like "huh what are you talking about"? I think he changed his name. How many Jin bronies can there be?

LOL! :lolblue:

http://atariage.com/forums/user/40219-jin/

http://atariage.com/forums/user/23974-jinroh/

• Like 1

Watch the ebay value crash! Sell high fellas! ;)

I swear I recall Wiz saying he used to raid Summer Games carts for something he needed years ago, not sure what....I always wondered if that was why Summer Games was a little harder to find than most.

It's not going down anytime soon. I still remember getting my first BB sealed on Atari2600.com in 2014 for $6.95. Then I got lucky twice: $2 cart from GameXchange a short tie later, and last year score of a lifetime $1. Also got a Pitfall II, Smurfs, and a few other goodies, $1 each... :o

• Like 1

Well, if progress continues as it has been, hopefully Pre-orders can start shipping out in 30 days to the Developers and then the general customers. To be more cautious I'd say March 1st shipping should start, once those start going out then new orders can start to be looked at. I just need to see people who pre-ordered get the XM's in their hands first. This has been a VERY long time coming and I'm very eager to see these get out to everyone, just have to make sure a solid stable product ships. The 7800 is a really tempermental system with timing and it has been a major challenge to see this device come to fruition. Think of it is as the ultimate cartridge, because to the 7800, that is what it looks like.

Mark and I were discussing things and we agreed that we will most likely ship to the developers in March and then start the pre-order shipping a few weeks afterwards. There were a lot more final things that need to be done before we let these out into the wild vs the dev units which can be slightly rough around the edges.

• Like 2

My shipping address is the same as when I ordered, but just to be safe I filled out the form with details from my original email confirmation. Thanks!

I would ask EVERYONE who pre-ordered, whether your address changed or not, please go to 7800xm.com and fill out the pre-order form, I want everyones info please. Make sure you are including your address if it is not on the attachments you are putting into the form. thanks.

• Like 1