Classic99 versus Classic99 head to head turn based game DEMO

head to head classic99 tipi demo game

26 replies to this topic

#26 mizapf ONLINE  

mizapf

River Patroller

• 2,767 posts

Posted Tue Jan 9, 2018 9:00 AM

I did not have any crashes of MAME for a long time (I actually don't remember), neither was it required to reboot the machine during MAME runtime. Changes are committed on exit or when you change the medium (e.g. the floppy image). Yes, I'd expect data loss or corrupted images when you spontaneously stop the MAME process.

#27 Sinphaltimus OFFLINE  

Sinphaltimus

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,111 posts
  • Distracted at the Keyboard

Posted Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:11 AM

Just a heads up that the latest version, when used with DropBox, depending on sync latency and how fast the players guess, there could be a file conflict created in dropbox which throws the game off.

I have already rearranged and cleaned up the code to prevent this from happening.

It occurs during the start of the game, I had both players creating the files locally on their machines at the same time. This could cause an issue with the random number in the PRIZE files. 
So the way it will work now is player 1 (since player 1 goes first) will be the file creator. I've included a delay for player 2 that should be (need to test) long enough for player 1 to create the files and dropbox to sync them before player 2's first turn.

So yeah, the demo is buggy - I'm working on it here and there for anyone whom may show interest. Once I get to test it, I'll update with a new version containing bug fixes and a bit more optimization despite the delays. Not sure when, this time I want to test the hell out of it a lot to ensure I've got it solid before moving on to the next TIPIvsClassic99vsClassic99 game demo. Which will be a bit more interesting and have some graphics and sounds. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: head to head, classic99, tipi, demo, game

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users