IGNORED

blue and orange lines in homebrews?

AtariLeaf

I'm working on a review of Draconian and noticed a blue and orange line on each side of the screen. Blue on the left and orange on the right. It happens on all my systems but only appears on homebrews. I went back and checked my video reviews of space rocks, juno first, and colony 7 and they all exhibit these lines but regular atari games don't. I never noticed or paid attention to it before. It isn't a capture issue because they're visible on crt's as well. Is this a version of the comb line or something else?

post-2493-0-44161900-1515276133.png

I get these lines too, mostly on homebrews, but not exclusively. On some TVs, I can adjust the picture size so these lines are outside of the viewing area. The other option is to adjust the brightness until they go away. I can tell you that the cheap mods don't get rid of them. The UAV mod should, since it's far superior to the simple ones. I asked this same question myself a few months ago, possibly in the Harmony Cart section, since the menu on it had the same lines. That was the thread that gave me the two options listed above.

• Like 1

Well..those lines don't appear on my video footage of Draconian and that is actually shot using a camcorder pointed at my LED display from my UAV modded 7800. The video source is S-video through an HDMI upscaler in this case.

I've been really wanting to get a UAV because I know it would make a world of difference compared to RF or the cheap mods. I just haven't had the extra money. I can confirm that these lines are present on a transistor modded Vader and 7800. They also show up on my Jr. which is still RF. Since the UAV pulls the signal right from the source, it bypasses whatever it is that causes these lines to be introduced into the picture.

• Like 1