IGNORED

HSC Season 15 Round 1 - Poll

MULIT POLL PICK AS MANY AS YOU WANT!  

25 members have voted

1. 1. MULIT POLL PICK AS MANY AS YOU WANT! SEE POST BELOW FOR DETAILS AND LINKS

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Ok let's get things started!

Firstly, this season all Polls will be MULTI PICKS, so you can vote for as many selections as you like, even all of them! Usually the runner up game will go into the next poll and the others will re-appear at some point.

The first round begins Sunday 14th Jan 2018 and will run until the end of the month (31st).

If you've not already done so add your 10 games to the Season 15 Welcome and Play List thread.

Any questions or need help getting set-up just post or send me a message :)

Here are 5 picks from your selections, this should be interesting. Let polling commence :grin:

Rainbow Walker

rainbow_walker.png

Faily easy in the scheme of things, fun Q*Bert style hopping on the scrolling rainbow changing the squares' colours, complete each vertical row to lock it in.

Download XEX, Atarimania Info

Bosconian

bosconian.png

Superb new game, possibly exceptionally good. I've had a couple of goes to check it out (we will not do this usually!) but it looks like it starts easy then will be challenging. NTSC and PAL versions plus 64 and 128K versions. NTSC is faster so emulator users can pick either.

Download XEXs (Silly Venture 2017 versions), StrategyWiki: How to Play

Millipede

millipede.png

A real 10/10 superbly addictive and intense Centepede and then some. Fandal has a version with the PAL glitches fixed. Play 1984 version with title screen animations.

Download XEX (PAL fixed), Atarimania Info

Nibbler

nibbler.png

Lots of lives here, great fun to play. Eat the dots avoid biting yourself. Starts of easy then, stready, then challenging, then insanely fast if you get that far! We now have a version without one of the annoying lock-up bugs, thanks to atariage's "1050" :thumbsup:Info on the fix.

Download ATR Fixed, other XEX versions are still playable but may crash sometimes. Atarimania Info

Pac-Mad

Pac-Mad_%28final%29_1.png

Very nice and brand new scrolling Pac-Man. Original "Party Verson" might be too easy for too long... we'll play the latest version 1.0 (20th Dec 2017)

Download XEX, Atarionline.pl Info, Atariage Info and Video

Yes that's all :-D

• Like 1

I always liked Rainbow Walker, it has a much nicer ambience than Q*Bert for me. The others sound interesting, too, but I left out Millipede and Pac-Man as those are genres I never much cared for. Looking forward to a good season, and thanks to TRBB for keeping the fire alive!

• Like 1

I was going to contact Bocianu re Pac-Mad possibly being too easy for too long but it looks like there are 30 levels and increasing difficulty - I'm guessing it will then end with a maximum possible score so we should be ok :idea:

Full details on atarionline.pl

>>>

Detailed list of changes:
• 20 new levels - currently the game contains 30 different boards,
• balance and changing the order of levels - the difficulty of the levels increases as the game progresses,
• bonuses in the form of randomly appearing fruits in 3 variants,
• each brownie now has a separate AI, different at different game levels,
• the result is presented at the end of the game and visible also on the HSC matrix,
• the ability to select the starting level with the SELECT key,
• displaying the current level on the end screen of the game,
• new sound effects when eating the fruit and opening the door to the next level,
• hidden 'cheat mode' giving 99 lives,
• speed optimization,
• small graphic patches.

<<<

I always liked Rainbow Walker, it has a much nicer ambience than Q*Bert for me. The others sound interesting, too, but I left out Millipede and Pac-Man as those are genres I never much cared for. Looking forward to a good season, and thanks to TRBB for keeping the fire alive!

:thumbsup:

This multipoll system is interesting if you put incoming votes in a table per user. It tells us that half of those who voted for Rainbow Walker, also will consider Bosconian, but just below half of those who voted for Bosconian didn't consider either of the other games. Nobody so far only voted for Nibbler. On average, each user has voted for 1.9 games. Some late minute votes from TRBB and others surely will change this.

CapitanClassic  RW BO MI -- --
Deteacher       RW BO -- NI --
slx             RW BO -- NI --
RedThunder      RW BO -- -- PM
Sikor           RW BO -- -- PM
carlsson        RW -- MI NI PM
Dope            RW -- MI -- --
mimo            RW -- MI -- --
Stefan Both     RW -- -- -- PM
Gury            RW -- -- -- --
krupkaj         -- BO -- NI --
skr             -- BO -- -- --