dunno if that helps but i collected most (if not all) homebrews and IntyBASIC projects i found here, in the inty developers thread on Yahoo and from other unnamed sources.
it took me some time and certainly i like to share them, but i'm not sure if everybody feels comfortable with spreading them, especially the developers demos which are often really no games.
intentionally i liked to bundle them with JZINTV and the mini***.bin (as far as they work with them)
let's list the more recent ones with comment (SDK-1600 projects not included) and you can comment what you think is clean.
"homebrews" (as far as they aren't IntyBASIC, i'm not sure if all are sorted the properly, i have no idea but is it possible to suppress the IntyBASIC title screen? and the recognizing as IntyBASIC by JZINTV?):
- Burger Time Level Editor (create your own BT using this simple text based editor)
- New Burger Time Levels, David Harley (who is responsible for the editor)
- My Sport Games hacks (i simply cut the playing time down, makes it more fun to play a match, especially for Soccer because 2*45min are very long and i would score easy about 30 goals against the machine (usually up to ten in 30mins), if you play them emulated i recommend a speed x1.5 to get more out of it -- flag -r#.# for jzintv, therefore i created a new hack for which i "extended" soccer to 2x20mins instead 2x15mins, still i score to easy but faster the game will scroll ugly).
Demos (where you can't do much except to watch them):
- Dancing Baby, PG Lewis (nice one you can watch it and it feels cool)
- BotzTalk, GroovyBee (whatever, a demo)
- FunBags, GroovyBee (erm.. umm...)
- Nyan Cat, GroovyBee (demos, demos, demos, but that's a nice one even when the music stumbles)
Games or incomplete games (i sorted them under homebrews with no "branding"):
- Mars Mini Teaser, GroovyBee
- Robot finds Kitten, Intylab (that's a nice little game, i like it)
- Rocketeer Teaser Rom#1, GroovyBee (erm...)
- RunnerZ, Josue (i didn't tried out this one yet)
- Deep Zone, artrag (promising!)
- Princess Lydie, Marco Marrero (i didn't played yet)
- Baroudeur (AC2013) (i noted "carlsson" but i'm not sure A.C. could be anders carlsson (or Arnauld Chevalier, or it means simply "after christs birth" who knows?) but it could be anything like this demo could be anything, it's one i noticed a couple of years ago when homebrews was still rare compared to now. no real game, it's an unfinished attempt).
- Ship, fsuincc (asteroids, the version i recently got has no collision detection, thus it's "unplayable")
- Space Versus, Marco Marrero (i haven't played that but it looks fine)
- WizWar, fushek (i'm not sure if this isn't IntyBASIC, however i have to try this one first)
(the ship is a attempt to recreate the players vessel from "Galaxian", it was made for Pioneer Space Sim, to me it looks pretty much like the one in the game. i have a lot of spaceships to re-use, i could fill easy a hangar with them)
- Intellipongola (i still like this one).
- IStar (nice puzzle, no scoring but nonetheless it's a cool game, imho one of the most entertaining homebrews)
- Press8 (haven't played this for real, looks confusing, i don't like numbers..... without meters, potatoes or anything which has a value )
Elektronite (a few demos, i don't know how far i'm allowed to spread them, links will be a option):
- Caves of Croz Demo (leech all - play none )
- Defender of the Crown Prototype
- Match 5 Demo (again something i won't play, numbers? again?)
Impossible Things (free for download at ImpossibleThings, but not to be spread):
- D1K (Donkey Kong arcade, recommended cool game, it would worth a little fee even for the binary, you can donate)
- Ms. Pac-Man (yet another brilliant reissue)
Intelligent Revolution (they are even free to download at IntelligentRevolution or linked in this forum, not allowed to spread):
- Copter Command
- "Laser Sharks" resp. "Moon Blast", (two versions exist? damned i mixed up something, however same gameplay)
- Missile Domination
- Ultimate Pong
Intelligentvision (nonetheless, but not all, visit their site, not all are still available like they was still in 2013):
- Tag-Along Todd (original a SDK-1600 demo, enhanced by David Harley, quite cool, sad that the voice is hanging).
- Same Game & Robots (you can get them as well from the Authors site)
the rest i didn't listed here, check out their site, who knows more rom images will vanish if they are once physically released (e.g. "SpaceCunt" isn't available anymore, but what you got - you got).
they hold some interesting unreleased games like, "Illusions" which is a great concept.
John Doherty (these was difficult to get, some i got from the Yahoo! developers group, some are Demos of "what the heck is this?"):
- Fire Girl vs. the Zombies (not a real game, many bugs, but nonetheless worth to try it)
- Old School, Old School high, Kid Robin Hood (in descending order, "Kid Robin Hood" was the working title for "Old School", dont' ask me where i got them from...).
- Frontier (this title is like magic to me, everything which is named "frontier" is of interest, but well i have no idea what this should be - "space - the final frontier" it isn't).
- Shape Escape (ahhh... a real game)
- Zombie Marbles (funny title, nice game)
Joe Zbiciak (JRMZ), i don't have to introduce him, nonetheless a couple of games and demos from the past:
- 4-Tris, Tetris (just to mention what everybody knows)
- Lunar MP advertisement, (Space Patrol is a fine game and the release date of this demo shows how much time a game needs to be developed perfectly, you can do nothing but already the Inty logo in SEGA style is worth the shit, it only misses a female voice speaking "inty").
the rest i won't list here, they are widely spread and content of most emulators.
Arnauld Chevallier (never ask me where i found them i might not remember it, many i downloaded a couple of years ago):
- Inty O.S. (a not serious ment operating system for the intellivision, but i guess emulated it would be cool to extend the "Intyamp" to play more tunes, you can obtain it from his site)
- KChess (yes i'm mean, this was never released, you won't find it on his site and if i remember this right i got it from the Yahoo! dev. group.
- Mad Drivin' (similar as above, v.0.4 is playable but a bit boring without a goal, but damned yes it would be worth a game)
- Spirit (a demo in the spirit of the 80's, nice music - really and yes of course the 3D balls are supercool, from "knox.free.fr")
- Stack 'Em (hard to find, search for "mini games competition entries", it won't play proper in the latest release of JZIntv but runs fine on the real hardware).
- Stonix (an "arkanoids" clone, i found that really nice of him to release it digital, it's one of the best homebrews, very smooth controls - knox.free.fr).
decle (a lot of retro-retro stuff, uses the inty to emulate (better "simulate") other consoles of the aera):
- Li'l Bro ii (the little brother of intellivision, many card games not my choice but nonetheless they are worth a try)
- StudioVision (i must say i like them - all of them, unfortunately i have some issues with them and LTO Flash! i will post it in a diff thread).
LTO i don't have to list, if you own a LTO Flash you will know where to get the softs from.
Ryan Kinnen (not much, but much):
- Minehunter (somewhere you will find the full release)
- PSG Tinkerer (just for completeness, it's a developers toy to experiment with the PSG)
- Blob Art (no real game, more a demo, but as he stated a idea for a game, a sort of drawing program, can be entertaining, smooth "mouse arrow" control)
IntyBASIC SDK (that's a whole lot of stuff by various authors, some are part of the IntyBASIC showcase which i didn't list here, they are either entries to the BASIC competition or else IntyBASIC games you can find here, neither i listed the rest of physically released IntyBASIC games under their distributors name as they are free to download here and represent "WIP's" they might differ slightly to the released versions, some might not belong to IntyBASIC, please inform me):
let's start with the "pro's"
- Flapee Bird (released by CollectorVision, author is unknown to me, i guess CollectorVision don't likes them to be spread, you can download it here)
- Smurf: Rescue in Gargamels Castle (released by Collectorvision, author is unknown to me. first i thought "what a silly game - typical Coleco" (i'm sorry) but well it's not that stupid, you have to give it a chance. i guess CollectorVision don't likes them to be spread, you can download it here)
the rest of the gang:
- 2048, nanochess (a puzzle of some sort, not my type of game, but i know opinions are like assholes...)
- Alligator Swamp!, carlsson (i haven't played it for real yet, but it looks nice)
- Apple Catcher, Kiwi (a game which even a 84 year old gran'ma will like)
- Area Fighter v5, Kiwi (nice one, even if i haven't played it much but i guess it's a good shump game).
- Bowl Bust, PuzZLeR (what was it? damned they are to many)
- Celeries Challange, atari2600land (a game for vegans)
- Classic Battleship, CrazyBoss (we waited such a long time for this, i remember i filled books with battleship grids as a child)
- Clowns & Balloons, Ghosts & Balloons, catsfolly (he developed a couple of nice little games, this one is really a nice concept)
- Crazybus, freewheel, (yes it's only a demo, enable voice)
- Snake, CS Snake, Mirror Snake, catsfolly (SNAKE - the most basic BASIC program (right after "lunar lander" controlled only by data)
- Doctor Chatterbot, Microlabs (vprette) (ok, i have no idea, it won't run proper)
- Goatnom, freewheel (a game! a game! sometimes the actor makes the act)
- GoSub, atari2600land (really a game!)
- Hotel Bunny, Sebastian Mihai (a riddle to me why this was physically released, it's a game but you find better games in this list, much better).
- Intellibullet, Shalmezad (see that's a game, nice concept)
- Inty Lander, nanochess (a piece from the master, i like it, is that landing on jupiter? i mean the gravity is extreme. personal note, in fact it is hardest to approach and land on a tiny asteroid such as Ceres, with near to 0 gravity you have to match the curse and velocity of the body exactly if you like to land rough)
- Inty Pac, nanochess (but no masterpiece )
- It's Snow Fun, unintelligent resolution (what is this? i guess he was mad about it -> "it's no fun". sort it under "april fools")
- Lunar Defense, Microlabs (won't go past the title screen, but i listed it nonetheless)
- Master Mind, Microlabs (give it a more boasting name like "Safe Cracker", "Decryptor", "Number Cruncher", "Bender's Nightmare". "Master Mind" is anyway a trademark of MB i guess).
- Mermaid, tuatara21 (speaking of better as... this is far better as "Hotel Bunny", addictive game and artwork. for this game i'm uncertain, it leaks of the IntyBASIC screen - notification but i thought i found it under IntyBASIC, but i can be wrong. PLEASE HELP!)
- null blaster 2, nanochess (this rom has no title, i named it "null blaster" cause you blast "0's" with a ">" as ship, i guess it's ment as tutorial.
- Number Blaster, Kiwi (interesting concept, distracting background)
- Oh, Mummy, nanochess (i have only peeped into it but it's well made)
- pINg!, freewheel (Pong in IntyBASIC)
- Robot Blast, catsfolly (known for tiny games which are fun to play)
- Secret Government Waffle Project, freewheel (in case the goat is on holidays and your spray can to whomp worms is empty you still have the secret waffle government)
- Simon4, Microlabs (vprette) (without "senso" it won't be complete)
- Slalom, carlsson (despite of "mountain madness" this is skiing, this is a must like for a swiss who was born almost on skis)
- Squirrel, nanochess (the fastest squirrel in the whole universe)
- Stickman, atari2600land (a generic jump & run as generic as it can be)
- Stunt Cycle, fsuincc (that's really a good game!)
- Super Pixel Bros. , catsfolly (yeah man! looks generic but offers much)
- Tic Tac Toe, Microlabs, CrazyBoss (both made a Tic Tac Toe, erm yes a tic tac toe)
- Tris, Microlabs (another tic tac toe, slightly advanced)
can you imagine tic tac toe in 3D? (three layers of tic tac toe grid) then the fun starts, you will miss i'm sure, we humans aren't good in orienting in 3 dimensions)
- Towering Inferno, GroovyBee (he is able to make nice games)
- Tramp(s), catsfolly (well that's an idea)
- Trollish Comment Generator, catsfolly (instead to produce trollish comments this routine of procedural generated stuff is a great point to start a game - be warned it could end up in something like "Pioneer Space Sim". I had many years ago a similar proggy for my miggy, it was named "Max Headroom" and similar to him it bla blahs a lot of garbled words).
- Tutorial Sample, Kiwi (the name of the game)
- Whale Hunt, emerson (i haven't played this yet)
- XBoneS (Xbox one Simulator), freewheel (i like this demo much, you won't "play" it everyday but certainly it puts a smile on your face "downloading 80GB" damned yes i thought "Pioneer" was to large with 300MB (most is graphics and sound) but i guess they fill all with FFFFFF just to use up all the GB for recent games, "you will have to buy xxx from us - har har". in the end the 80GB (of prerendered intermission scenes) are played in one weekend, such is games industry. compared to this "Super Pixel Bros." is a hit, any game or demo here is better as).
- Zyx2, atari2600land (really nice to play, good concept)
i haven't searched the links, it has cost me a whole afternoon to put the list together, maybe i will search for the links on another weekend.
further you won't hear that often from me in the next couple of weeks.
i have to move home else i get problems with the communal service.
but this means i won't have no internet.
i have to solve this and also get me a new computer, my old XP machine is far to old and same is with my mothers macbook i can't upgrade it to OSX10.7.
i had for a brief time a Win7 machine, but it was such a cheap discounter model that it broke after a year.
i have a rampage3 board at home, but to make use of it i need the web, i need to know what power supply i need and where to conect the shit, it's a quite different layout as an old XT board.
Edited by Gernot, Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:50 AM.