IGNORED

The FlashROM 99, FinalGROM 99 and your TI

Omega-TI

FR99 & FG99 Poll  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own a FlashROM99?

2. 2. Do you own a FinalGROM99?

3. 3. If you answered NO to question #1 or #2 do you plan to purchase one?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

After noticing that the FR99 & FG99 thread has attained over 76,630 views in only 18 months, I had to wonder... how many of those amazing little gadgets are in the hands of people anyway? So, a poll seems to be one way of getting a partial answer.

After you answer the poll, if you would, I'd like to hear from you on your main reason(s) for buying one.

Thanks,

Ω

To use, of course. The ability to have a bunch of stuff in one cartridge format is amazing and handy.

A bunch of stuff on one cartridge was part of mine too, along with the savings over buying multiple cartridges, cases and chips to program. The space savings and lower wear and tear on my cartridge port was an added plus too.

After noticing that the FR99 & FG99 thread has attained over 76,630 views in only 18 months, I had to wonder... how many of those amazing little gadgets are in the hands of people anyway? So, a poll seems to be one way of getting a partial answer.

After you answer the poll, if you would, I'd like to hear from you on your main reason(s) for buying one.

Thanks,

Ω

Mine as shipped but I havn't receive it yet.

• Like 1

I have both and just ordered my Second FG99.
Multiple Carts in one is my primary reason to dramatically reduce cartridge swapping.
I'm not really a collector. I use my real consoles to play with hardware and make simple programs and games.

Swapping out Extended Basic and Editor Assembler was driving me crazy at times.
With the FinalGrom99 and the Toshiba FlashAir, I see no reason to ever pop the cart out of my console except for............
One day, I am going to start collecting the Homebrew carts that are not available in bin form.

So when that happens I'll have to swap, but for good reason. :)

I want Dragon's Lair (when it's out) and Break Free to start with.

• Like 1

Quick question and observation... is there any real reason to own both at this point? I see from the FG99 download collection of games, that some titles seem to be missing. I have yet to try copying some of the games from my FR99 over to the FG99, so not sure if everything is compatible that way or not. IIRC, the early version of Munchman with the dots instead of building the chainlink is one of them. Perhaps it's just a matter of filling the holes yourself, but would be nice if the FG99 section had a truly complete archive.

There's a handful of other games not included under the FG99 too, guess I should make a list for comparisons sake.

http://ftp.whtech.com/Cartridges/

Quick question and observation... is there any real reason to own both at this point? I see from the FG99 download collection of games, that some titles seem to be missing. I have yet to try copying some of the games from my FR99 over to the FG99, so not sure if everything is compatible that way or not. IIRC, the early version of Munchman with the dots instead of building the chainlink is one of them. Perhaps it's just a matter of filling the holes yourself, but would be nice if the FG99 section had a truly complete archive.

There's a handful of other games not included under the FG99 too, guess I should make a list for comparisons sake.

http://ftp.whtech.com/Cartridges/

No, not anymore. The FR99 came out first, so that is why some people own both.

Everything I've personally used on the FR99 seems to work just fine on the FG99. Since I use a memory expansion, I prefer to use some of the FR99 versions instead of the GROM based FG99 versions, mainly because of my experience with a couple of the ones I tried (cannot remember which) which displayed multiple entries in the menu. I don't know if that was just a thing with the BETA / DEVELOPMENT version or the final release version too.

If any (GOOD) files in the FG99 section are missing, I would surely appreciate being told so I could make the required updates as time allows.

I bought an FG99 because i primarily wanted to save wear and tear on my cartridge port on my 994A.

The secondary reason is because I have access to ALL the software I want to add to it in one cartridge. Anything supplemental (Logo, E/A, etc) that I'd like to do in cart form i have the carts for.

Silly question, but does the finalgrom99 works on a beige TI?

I have both a beige and a silver Ti, but it doesn't seem to work on the beige. I do have to fix my power button on my silver so I intended to use it on my beige in the meantime. Not a big problem really...

I don't have either. I think I want the FG99, as I have a QI beige TI994a, and I heard the FG99 makes it so some of the carts that are incompatible with the QI 99 to work on it? I think that is the main reason I want it, besides the ability to keep many software pieces on one cart/place.

So, where does one buy the FG99? I heard of a place called ArcadeShopper, but they seem to be out of stock. Any input would be appreciated!

I don't have either. I think I want the FG99, as I have a QI beige TI994a, and I heard the FG99 makes it so some of the carts that are incompatible with the QI 99 to work on it? I think that is the main reason I want it, besides the ability to keep many software pieces on one cart/place.

So, where does one buy the FG99? I heard of a place called ArcadeShopper, but they seem to be out of stock. Any input would be appreciated!

Check out this link: https://endlos99.github.io/finalgrom99/

He created the FG99, towards the bottom there are instructions for ordering one. I ordered one from him in October and have been very happy with it.

• Like 1

Silly question, but does the finalgrom99 works on a beige TI?

I have both a beige and a silver Ti, but it doesn't seem to work on the beige. I do have to fix my power button on my silver so I intended to use it on my beige in the meantime. Not a big problem really...

It works just fine in my beige TI, but I have a non-QI, 1981 OS version. Do you have a V2.2 beige console? I would think it should still work, but I'd be curious if yours is somehow different than mine.

Like many others, I bought it so I could have all of the cartridges that are available accessible at once. Lots of cartridges that we have images for are nearly impossible to find in the wild, or if you do find them, they are $$$$.

Edited by Casey

It works just fine in my beige TI, but I have a non-QI, 1981 OS version. Do you have a V2.2 beige console? I would think it should still work, but I'd be curious if yours is somehow different than mine.

Like many others, I bought it so I could have all of the cartridges that are available accessible at once. Lots of cartridges that we have images for are nearly impossible to find in the wild, or if you do find them, they are $$$$.

It's non QI as I can play Atari carts on it and it isn't a v.2.2

but the fg99 doesn't show up in the menu when inserted, other cart work fine.

I have both. The FR99 just to eliminate cartridge swapping on my secondary TI system and the FG99 due to some issues I've been having with my 80K GramKracker on my primary TI software development system. Both TI systems are F18A with NanoPEB or CF7A+ sidecar & USB keyboard equipped. So, Happy Hobby Camper

It's happened a few times on mine when I used a different SD card. Now it's 100%.

I'll try this when I get back home. The SD card that came with it should work though since it's the one that ArcadeShopper sells with the FG99. But I do have a stack of 4gb SD card available. I'll give it a try.

I have the nanopeb ,and the flashrom99

having trouble finding a finalgrom99 to buy

Follow these instructions:

Where to Get the FinalGROM 99

The GitHub repository contains all hardware design files and software sources required to build the FinalGROM 99 by yourself.

Since the technology used is somewhat complex for a hobby project, you can get fully assembled FinalGROM 99 cartridges.

Please fill out and include this snippet in your inquiry:

Amount

[ ] assembled FinalGROM 99 board, buttons and LED soldered €45

[ ] assembled FinalGROM 99 board, without buttons and LED €45

[ ] FinalGROM 99 laminated cartridge label € 1

world-wide shipping for up to two carts €10

Get the first option if you plan to use your FinalGROM 99 without shell. The other option is intended for FinalGROM 99s in cartridge shells so that you can mount the buttons and LEDs of your choice on the shell.

Please contact the developer at r@0x01.de for further information.

Note that I don't offer cartridge shells. There are, however, several options provided by other community members.

• c0d3m4st4 offers 3d-printed shells that are similar to his cases for the FlashROM 99.
  • remowilliams provides an awesome looking STL file (for free!) that you can use to print your own shell.

These third-party shells need the fully assembled cart with buttons and LED!

From this website:

https://endlos99.github.io/finalgrom99/

Edited by Sinphaltimus