IGNORED

Centipede playable with a paddle?

ComputerSpaceFan

Uh, no. Centipede has x and y control, so it can't be played with a paddle. I suppose it could be set up to use the other paddle to control vertical movement, but that would be inconvenient IMO. A trackball would be cool though, but that would be more like using two driving controllers.

There's several controller hacks for Centipede VCS.

Amiga Mouse

Atari CX-22

Atari CX-80

..that's all I know of. If there are more, let's hear about them!

Wow, finally found it! Wish these were to be found in the Hacks section. Becoming increasingly tricky trying to keep track of all this stuff.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/233404-centipede-arcade-hack-for-vcs2600/page-2?hl=%2Bcentipede+%2Bamiga+%2Bhack&do=findComment&comment=3317929

So my initial hunch was correct... a trackball hack allows the paddles to operate in x-axis mode? Never thought to try that. :lol:

Wow, finally found it!

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/233404-centipede-arcade-hack-for-vcs2600/page-2?hl=%2Bcentipede+%2Bamiga+%2Bhack&do=findComment&comment=3317929

So my initial hunch was correct... a trackball hack allows the paddles to operate in x-axis mode? Never thought to try that. :lol:

Since moving in y-direction with the second paddle is impractical, if the centipede makes it to the bottom you are screwed, since you can't get out of the way.

• Like 2

I thought cooperative gaming was a thing of the 21th century? I mean if you handle the X axis and the fire button, you could tell your friend to move vertically when needed. Like a co-pilot, whom you get to blame if they didn't move away in time.

Back in the 86 or 87 I used to play cooperative Spindizzy with a friend on the C= 64.

Spindizzy can also be played with two players. The two player mode is very unusual though. One player controls the gyro up and down, the other player left and right.

• Like 1

Wow, finally found it! Wish these were to be found in the Hacks section. Becoming increasingly tricky trying to keep track of all this stuff.

They are listed on my Comprehensive Homebrew list, and after all I was the one who asked about a Centipede hack to use a trak-ball.