IGNORED

Haunted House II 3D manual questions

-^CrossBow^-

I own an original HH2 that was released during CGE2k2. However a few things about the manual:

Mine is roughly torn along the top of the manual and I received it this way originally. Were they all done this way? I've seen some that appear to have clean cuts along the top but mine literally looks like it was ripped from a larger sheet of paper?

The next question has to do with the lack of the manual actually describing anything in the game itself...

Do the individual treasures do different things when they are in your possession?

What are the different treasures specifically? Can't really tell based on how they look exactly what they are supposed to be.

One treasure appears to be a sword like object and when you pick it up, all other treasures a lost and rescattered. Annoying to be sure but I guess I understand the reason for this. Is that how it works and is it a sword?

What exactly does the chalice look like and does it require finding multiple pieces for it as the original did?

Is there an exact way to be able to tell in which directions you enter and exit rooms from? I thought it had to do with the wall segments that were black compared to the others and that is sometimes true, but then I've had exits and entrances on colored wall sections as well.

How do you know where the stairs are that take you to different floors? Is there a visual indication of this on the screen I'm not witnessing?

Also noticed the asterisk like boarder around the gameplay screen. Thought this might also be an indication of where you can and can't enter from, but it took isn't consistent. As many screens, the left and bottom of the border might not be present, but I'm unable to exit or enter from those directions.

So...yeah, has anyone really be able to dissect exactly how everything works in HH2? I've recently popped this back in to give it another go (Been MANY years since I attempted to play it last), and honestly I either suck at it, or just can't quite figure this one out? I did search the forum to see if this was covered at another time, but came up blank with the earliers posts after the release of the game just complaining about the controller issues and I've got these issues as well. I've found that only my wico controller is able to work 100% with the game on my 4-port unit. My controllers and console are all calibrated so that I can at least move properly in Bounty Bob with stock controllers, so I'm NOT changing it internally for one game.

• 7 months later...

This is one of my top 5 Atari 2600 games. I was sad to see that they chose to do this game in 3d. I would have been completely happy to see a remake of the first game with some upgraded graphics, maps, and enemies. Possibly some added puzzles and more Gameplay mechanics. What a great game on the 2600!

Edited by adamchevy