After my needless failures of trying to solder a DIN connector for my Geneve to work on testing a SCART to HDMI converted, I decided since I have seen it work as well as using a LCD like the Samsung 910mp or 510mp maybe a small board would be nice to have.
I have designed one in Eagle and it measures about 2.8" x 3.2".
I will be proving it on a breadboard before I decide to order a few prototype boards to see if I need to make any revisions. Once ready I will release them.
What it does:
- Allows a Geneve 9640 to connect via SCART to either
- Directly to a SCART enabled monitor (if that monitor is supported)
- Directly to a SCART to HDMI video converter
- Dip switches used to set if using SCART Monitor or SCART to HDMI
- utilize a standard 2.1mm wall wart for 3v DC
- Stereo Phono Jack
- Dipswitch to enable or disable Stereo phone jack for selection of Internal or External speakers
The thought is that a standard 8pin HD audio cable male to male such as used for Monster speakers as these are shielded very well that will connect directly to the Geneve and then to the SCART-GENIE device. A male to male SCART cable to connect from the SCART GENIE device to the SCART monitor or SCART to HDMI video converter.
Parts on the board:
- 1 x SCART Female PCB mount connector
- 1 x 8 Pin DIN PCB mount connector
- 4 x 4 position dip switches
- 1 x 2 position dip switch
- 4 x 1k Trimmer PCB mount (controls CSYNC, R,G,B lines) for final adjustment if using a SCART monitor
- 2.1mm DC Power Jack PCB mount
- 1 x Stereo phono jack for use with PC speakers
I have finished tracing all the connections on the PCB layout and all check out on paper.
Once I finish proving it out and order the prototype boards and get them all to production level then I'll post it here. I'll be doing a board order once done and if you want it assembled and tested or if you just want the board.
PM if you are interested.
Edited by Shift838, Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:06 AM.