84 replies to this topic

#76 Shift838 OFFLINE  

Shift838

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,281 posts
  • SHIFT838

Posted Tue May 1, 2018 9:32 PM

Although I have proved the SCART-Genie to work on a couple of other Geneve computers I am waiting for a new shipment of tooled PCB's from a different manufacturer.  I want to make sure they turn out right before I put up the pre-order.

If so then it will save a bit of money on each PCB.  They will not be purple and I decided to make the boards rectangle with evenly spaced holes as to make it easier to make a case for them.

I am due to go out of town on Sunday.  I'm hoping they will ship and I will have them in hand by Saturday, but doubtful.  If not I will not be able to test until I get back the following weekend.

#77 Shift838 OFFLINE  

Shift838

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,281 posts
  • SHIFT838

Posted Wed May 2, 2018 6:01 PM

I received a shipping update that my other test run of PCB boards should arrive Friday. So if all goes well I can slap one together Friday evening.

#78 Shift838 OFFLINE  

Shift838

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,281 posts
  • SHIFT838

Posted Fri May 4, 2018 3:33 PM

I got the boards in from this last test run with a different vendor.

Only one small issue.  When I generated the gerber file I did notmake sure the mounting holes from the SCART connector were set to dimension so they would be cut out.  They actually just showed up as silkscreens.

Not really a big deal.  I did make sure there was no traces on either side before I ordered just in case I had to whittle down a bit.

I may just leave it like this and just predrill them.  I did have a couple of SCART connectors that even though they were the same manufacture the clips were off a bit anyway.  Check the pics out..

I have tested and fully functional..  They are not purple but they work.

Attached Files

#79 Shift838 OFFLINE  

Shift838

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,281 posts
  • SHIFT838

Posted Sun May 13, 2018 12:30 AM

wrong thread.. moved..

Edited by Shift838, Sun May 13, 2018 8:31 AM.

#80 Shift838 OFFLINE  

Shift838

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,281 posts
  • SHIFT838

Posted Tue May 22, 2018 8:18 PM

I put together a SCART-Genie AVPC today.  I have not tested yet besides all continuity test on the board pass, now that I jumped 2 traces, dislexia must hit me during that design.  I reversed 2 pins the RCA audio input (there were only 2, i mapped the tip from the RCA to the ground and then the sleeve (ground) to the audio trim pot.  That won't work!  So i cut two traces and jumpered them to the correct points.  

If all goes well I plan on testing over the next few days.  I'm optimistic, but I will need to order a new run of boards when I get it tested with the corrections.  That's why we do Prototypes..

Attached Files

Edited by Shift838, Tue May 22, 2018 8:53 PM.

#81 InsaneMultitasker OFFLINE  

InsaneMultitasker

River Patroller

• 2,073 posts

Posted Tue May 22, 2018 8:31 PM

Nice and simple, that's pretty awesome.

#82 Shift838 OFFLINE  

Shift838

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,281 posts
  • SHIFT838

Posted Tue May 22, 2018 8:55 PM

I have an EVPC version one I will need to put together this weekend.  Post pics when I get it together, unless I get motivation to do it next day or so.

#83 FDOS OFFLINE  

FDOS

Chopper Commander

• 178 posts

Posted Wed May 23, 2018 11:10 AM

I have an EVPC version one I will need to put together this weekend.  Post pics when I get it together, unless I get motivation to do it next day or so.

I already posted my need for one SNUG EVPC, and Friday is my birthday, so I'm motivated.

#84 Shift838 OFFLINE  

Shift838

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,281 posts
  • SHIFT838

Posted Thu Jun 7, 2018 10:47 PM

I finally pulled out the SNUG system to test the AVPC SCART-Genie.  Well i wired a couple of things wrong.

Corrected and decided instead of an RCA jack for audio input I would use another 3.5mm.  On the final board it will line up with the audio output nicely.

Attached Files

#85 Shift838 OFFLINE  

Shift838

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,281 posts
  • SHIFT838

Posted Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:48 PM

All SCART Genie 9640 orders have been filled and shipped as of today.  I still have some on hand that are ready to go.  If anyone still want's one PM me or hit my store.

I'm selling the blank PCB's as well.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users