2018 Contest Chat

81 replies to this topic

#76 DZ-Jay OFFLINE  

DZ-Jay

Quadrunner

• 10,704 posts
  • Triple-Stripe Mo' Bro

Posted Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:47 AM

I've heard there are at least two games in the works and possibilities of two more :)

So, potentially 8 entries?  That's not bad at all!  And I will say that the entries we've seen so far have all been great.  I can't wait to see what else comes! :)

Great job, every one!

-dZ.

#77 Kiwi OFFLINE  

Kiwi

Stargunner

• 1,534 posts

Posted Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:45 AM

I'm wrapping up a game this week to completion, then I will work on my entry.  I'm going to submit Towering Inferno.

#78 DZ-Jay OFFLINE  

DZ-Jay

Quadrunner

• 10,704 posts
  • Triple-Stripe Mo' Bro

Posted Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:53 AM

I'm wrapping up a game this week to completion, then I will work on my entry.  I'm going to submit Towering Inferno.

You have another game in progress? Details!!! :)

#79 artrag OFFLINE  

artrag

Dragonstomper

• 987 posts

Posted Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:03 AM

I was wondering if posting fake entries in order to reach the minimum number of entries would have been morally acceptable 🤣

Happy to hear that there will be no need of tricks to keep the competition active.
😉

BTW, I 'am still convinced that DZ, you should have entered with a game yourself

Edited by artrag, Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:06 AM.

#80 DZ-Jay OFFLINE  

DZ-Jay

Quadrunner

• 10,704 posts
  • Triple-Stripe Mo' Bro

Posted Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:21 AM

I was wondering if posting fake entries in order to reach the minimum number of entries would have been morally acceptable 🤣

Hehe. I recall last year we were concerned about the number of entries, and at the end we got a few "surprise projects." I hope for the same this year.

BTW, I 'am still convinced that DZ, you should have entered with a game yourself

Nah, I'm not good at IntyBASIC. That's not "Assembly programmer snobbery," really; I have enough trouble keeping up one language in my head, I don't wish to cram more stuff in there.

Slowness, procrastination, and short memory are my super-powers. :grin:

Besides, I am actively working on my game development framework for my own games. I doubt I'll ever get around to learn proper IntyBASIC.

That's not a slight to the language at all, it's very good and versatile, and obviously superbly capable for making great Intellivision games. :)

dZ.

#81 carlsson OFFLINE  

carlsson

Metagalactic Mule

• 6,810 posts

Posted Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:32 AM

Hopefully I'll have a filler entry before the end of the competition too, but I want to add some more functionality & remove some of the bugs before posting it, in order for testers to concentrate on valuable feedback and not get stuck with details I already know will need to be fixed.

#82 Kiwi OFFLINE  

Kiwi

Stargunner

• 1,534 posts

Posted Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:44 AM

Nah, I'm not good at IntyBASIC. That's not "Assembly programmer snobbery," really; I have enough trouble keeping up one language in my head, I don't wish to cram more stuff in there.

Slowness, procrastination, and short memory are my super-powers. :grin:

Besides, I am actively working on my game development framework for my own games. I doubt I'll ever get around to learn proper IntyBASIC.

That's not a slight to the language at all, it's very good and versatile, and obviously superbly capable for making great Intellivision games. :)

dZ.

Dispatching a group of poorly trained monkeys at your location to help train you on Intybasic.  :P

I'm only kidding.  I'm like that way with batari Basic.  It's really good at making games quickly, but doesn't give me the control over the display kernal and displaying 2 sprites, and few missile and/or ball is a bit limited for me.  So I went ASM in that route so I have more control over the display kernal to have more objects on screen and more RAM to use for my games. 

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users