All bugs fixed! I managed to make the framerate stable by changing the pfread to a playfieldpos check and using it at playfieldpos=1. This shifted the top block creation to playfieldpos 1 instead of 0 and for some reason that fixed everything. I think that that is a good reason to stop touching it and just tweak some starting numbers. (Unless more bugs are found of course!) I'm quite happy with the game in this state.
I also added an option to play vs the old AI (non moving one) by flipping the B/W switch. See it as a practice mode.
Oh wow! This version 23 is REAL challenging (for the 1 player game)!!!!
Glad you like it. I think that the AI is quite cool no.
It will only gain you a few bytes, but putting initializations of variables to the same value on the same line will save a little bit. So, e.g.:
_invisible0 = 0
_invisible1 = 0
_invisible0 = 0 : _invisible1 = 0
I tried some of that and removed 2 pfchecks which gave me a lot. They are super heavy commands!
I just played v0.23 a bit and the AI is really challenging now. An old bug returned - the game speed doesn't reset after game over. When you start a new game it starts at high speed.
Glad you like it! Bug is fixed in v24