IGNORED

What are you playing on iOS/droid/mobile?

• 3 weeks later...

That's not really off topic too bad, it's still mobile even if run in another environment it's still the same games/apps if they're still useful in such a state.

I've never heard of Nox, but I know of Bluestacks and last I looked (1-2yr ago) it wasn't all that useful for quite a few nice things so I didn't bother with it. There was another though, wish I could remember the name but it seemed semi-more functional but maybe a little less friendly then to use. I think at issue is the fact you're kind of losing a touch panel unless your PC has one. Sure a mouse can suffice for single touch things, but going into multiple motion functions would be a problem.

I only started using Bluestacks a little while ago, but it's definitely worth a look. You can run instances if you need to have multiple apps running at once, it supports OpenGL and DirectX graphics, and the advertising isn't overly onerous. I use it to grind in Lineage II Revolution and I don't feel like I'm missing any features. It automaps keyboard controls to many default touch commands, which is nice. My main concern is signing into an OS I don't fully trust, but that's Android in general.

Makes sense to be nervous, but as it is, it's google/android so it's the same fire you're playing with either way. I was thinking it could be nice if I could use my google play account to get into stuff I've got on my tablet. I'd mess with my pinball stuff, the Nintendo apps, SNK things, and more on there,

Yep. You should give Bluestacks another try.

Anyone playing any of the many Battle Royale games on mobile? There are official clients for Fortnite and PUBG now, and clones like FortCraft, Rules of Survival, and Knives Out. It seems like a dumb concept, but apparently there's a lot of emergent gameplay because of the anything-goes scenario.

I was actually trying to run Snapseed (photo editing program) through first Bluestacks and then Nox. With Bluestacks I couldn't export to my PC, and with Nox I couldn't import. My iPhone 6 suddenly had battery and 4G problems a few months ago.....

To that end, I bet I can find a high resolution tablet with enough juice to edit photos for not much more than a hundred bucks. I currently have a $40 convenience store droid; it's actually a decent little computer but the screen is too low res to edit photos.

I have a replacement iphone coming shortly. There are things I enjoyed on that which I had to remove due to the tiny annoying size of it while the new has 64GB. I had picked up in the past the first two parts of Infinity Blade which were pretty amazing but also overly large. I hope they got updated for 64bit unlike all those SNK and iD games I can't use anymore. >:\

All 3 Infinity Blade games are well maintained and work with the latest iOS.

SNK games ported by DotEmu should be OK, but the Metal Slug games haven't been updated and are probably better elsewhere anyway (button controls).

I am :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: disappointed that idSoftware games never got updated, particularly Doom Classic. It's been long enough that I guess it's safe to assume it's not coming back.

I noticed that they appeared for me when I did a big batch scroll/download of all my stuff I used to have on my phone but either quit working acceptably or didn't fit without removing a lot (which Infinity Blade 1+2 fell into both camps uniquely.)

The SNK game I know that works still is Neo Turf Masters but my others (SS2, and MS1 and 3) are dead. I'm still pissed at them and like you also iD too because of Doom and Wolf3D being dead as well.

• 4 weeks later...

My daughter likes Word Cookies too. Nice, chill, semi-educational anagrams game. They have a Word Cookies 2: Crosswords now. Certainly worth the price for removing ads.

I just grabbed Grumpy Cat's Worst Game Ever, a Wario Ware type twitch fest.

Other games in this genre I've enjoyed are Peter Panic (from Adult Swim) and FRNZY (from CareFirst -- semi educational) ... and of course the mighty Dumb Ways to Die.

Mario run. I like run and jump types of games, nice to see one with a Nintendo twist (and polish) to it. I MIGHT actually buy this one, which is rare for me to do, very few games on Android ever warrant a purchase (to me anyways)

i have this on my tablet- i ponied up the money for the full version. my kids and i enjoy it quite a bit. :)

SNK apps updated for 64-bit

http://toucharcade.com/2018/04/24/snk-just-updated-metal-slug-samurai-showdown-ii-blazing-star-and-more-for-ios-11-saving-some-real-classics-from-the-appocalypse/

The full list includes:

• Like 1

About damn time, thanks! I kept them in my queue instead of doing the true total faux erasing within the system panel on the phone. That really had been pissing me off they were left for dead for so long.

Now if only bethesda would touch up old Wolf3D and Doom on iOS too. :P

I've got MS1 and 3, and Blazing Star to re-download.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...