Photo

What are you playing on iOS/droid/mobile?

114 replies to this topic

#101 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

You can't handle the truth. No truth-handler, you.

• 16,462 posts
  • I deride your truth-handling abilities.

Posted Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:09 PM

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic has been updated for iPhone X resolutions and I need to return to it. I really like the mobile port of KOTOR.

#102 Tanooki OFFLINE  

Tanooki

Quadrunner

• 6,062 posts

Posted Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:28 PM

That sounds nice I forget that was on iOS. I just remembered the android version and pc. I still wonder how nice a game not made for touch would work on an 8plus.

#103 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

• 16,462 posts

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:56 AM

Movement is with the thumbs, which works well since it's just cruising the map. Combat is turn based. Menus work like they do on PC with a mouse. Controllers are supported too but I prefer the touch controls.

#104 Tanooki OFFLINE  

Tanooki

Quadrunner

• 6,062 posts

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:26 AM

Hmm maybe I need to look more into it.  Screen captures had me thinking it was more live played like a MMO/COOP RPG style game like Guild Wars or perhaps like Mass Effect.  I didn't realize it was turn based combat, because in that case touch would work best.  I was paranoid about having to kung finger fu some crap trying to slice up someone with a light saber and not get wrecked first fighting that more than the dude on screen trying to kill me.  I don't care much for the idea of digital but it would make it far easier for me to actually bother committing to play when I can just whip the phone out and go for it.

#105 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

• 16,462 posts

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:42 AM

It's exactly the game that was released in 2003 for PC and Xbox, except the interface was optimized for touch.

#106 Tanooki OFFLINE  

Tanooki

Quadrunner

• 6,062 posts

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:06 PM

Well having never touched or bothered to even look at KOTOR other than superficially because it was on the lame xbox at the time I knew nothing of it.

#107 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

• 16,462 posts

Posted Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:15 AM

Elder Scrolls Blades is out now. Very pretty, in a dark, gothic kind of way. Can play one-handed on the train with portrait mode.

#108 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

• 16,462 posts

Posted Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:18 AM

Well having never touched or bothered to even look at KOTOR other than superficially because it was on the lame xbox at the time I knew nothing of it.

It's halfway between Baldur's Gate (turn based, emphasis on party and stats) and Mass Effect (slick graphics, emphasis on story). I prefer the slow pace of KOTOR to Mass Effect's reliance on "twitch" gameplay.

#109 Tanooki OFFLINE  

Tanooki

Quadrunner

• 6,062 posts

Posted Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:09 AM

I dislike twitch play, gets old fast.  I was able to put up with ME2 and it's extra packages when they rolled it up on one disc but when I tried the other games I got fed up fast.  This being between there and Baldur's Gate is encouraging.  I'll have to figure out how to set some time aside and check it out.  Thanks.

#110 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

• 16,462 posts

Posted Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:40 AM

I dislike twitch play, gets old fast.  I was able to put up with ME2 and it's extra packages when they rolled it up on one disc but when I tried the other games I got fed up fast.  This being between there and Baldur's Gate is encouraging.  I'll have to figure out how to set some time aside and check it out.  Thanks.

30 hours ... but once you get off Taris (the first world that takes up the first third of the game) things really heat up and get interesting. 

https://howlongtobea...ame.php?id=9111

#111 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

• 16,462 posts

Posted Thu Apr 4, 2019 6:39 PM

Afterburner Climax is back, now part of Sega Forever.
https://toucharcade....-free-download/

Rolando is back now too, with a remastered edition.

GameClub is bringing back a bunch of "classics," too. Hook Champ and Sword of Fargoal are among the new-old releases.

#112 Tanooki OFFLINE  

Tanooki

Quadrunner

• 6,062 posts

Posted Thu Apr 4, 2019 10:34 PM

That's great that game got another chance.  I barely touch android in the last year or so but I did buy it on there like just before it was removed and found it to be a pretty solid game on mobile.  I'm kind of tempted to grab the app just for my iphone.  I wonder if Sega will bring other mobile classics they quietly killed like Golvellius.

#113 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

• 16,462 posts

Posted Fri Apr 5, 2019 4:27 AM

Golvellius was from DotEmu on mobile. They've brought back other old games, but not this one. https://toucharcade....s-port-arrives/

Yes - Sega Forever has been good about digging up stuff previously lost to the 64-bit transition. I wasn't expecting Afterburner since it was delisted on PS3/xb360. I'd like to see the return of House of the Dead and Jet Set Radio, in addition to "new" games. Bring on Panzer Dragoon!

#114 SiberianSpForces OFFLINE  

SiberianSpForces

Moonsweeper

• 261 posts

Posted Fri Apr 5, 2019 7:13 AM

I went and got Mighty Fighter 2 back on my HTC 10. Have to get it outside of the play store.

#115 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

• 16,462 posts

Posted Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:22 PM

Video Kid is Touch Arcade's game of the week. Pixelated PAPERBOY with a lot of other 80's homages too.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users