Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - January 21st 2018

team pixelboy news bulletin

45 replies to this topic

#26 Kiwi OFFLINE  

Kiwi

Stargunner

• 1,435 posts

Posted Thu Feb 1, 2018 7:49 PM

I did get an email June 19th 2017 and totally forgot about the preorders and didn't prepay.  I sent you an email.

Thanks for all the information. But "exactly" when am I going to get my games? Oh, and how do I buy your new Book?

I think this is meant for Collectorvision.

#27 ValkerieSilk OFFLINE  

ValkerieSilk

Stargunner

• 1,279 posts

Posted Thu Feb 1, 2018 10:12 PM

"and in my book" ...  

Book? :?

#28 Pixelboy OFFLINE  

Pixelboy

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 7,810 posts

Posted Fri Feb 9, 2018 5:16 AM

Since I have a little free time this morning before going to work, I can give a quick update on things.

I'm still shipping out packages for the first group, and since 2/3 of these packages are extra-large, and since I can only carry up to three of these big boxes by bus to the post office at a time, I can say it's going rather slowly. I've shipped out several packages these past few days, but I still have many to go. Luckily, a friend of mine will give me a lift in his car this Sunday to carry a dozen big packages to the post office in a single trip, so I'll be able to do a big push then. Afterwards, if all goes according to plan, all the remaining packages of the first group will have been shipped by next Wednesday evening.

After the first group is behind me, I'll take a day or two off (gotta go see Black Panther!) and then I'll get busy gluing boxes and assembling carts for the next group. Once I have more games ready to ship, I'll contact everyone in the second group and start a new round of shipping.

Really, I've had busy shipping periods before, but never anything of this magnitude. I'll be shipping packages throughout winter!   :-o

#29 jblenkle OFFLINE  

jblenkle

River Patroller

• 4,345 posts

Posted Fri Feb 9, 2018 9:58 AM

Oh, man...you take this stuff to the post office by bus??? Now I just plain out feel sorry for you.

Since I have a little free time this morning before going to work, I can give a quick update on things.

I'm still shipping out packages for the first group, and since 2/3 of these packages are extra-large, and since I can only carry up to three of these big boxes by bus to the post office at a time, I can say it's going rather slowly. I've shipped out several packages these past few days, but I still have many to go. Luckily, a friend of mine will give me a lift in his car this Sunday to carry a dozen big packages to the post office in a single trip, so I'll be able to do a big push then. Afterwards, if all goes according to plan, all the remaining packages of the first group will have been shipped by next Wednesday evening.

After the first group is behind me, I'll take a day or two off (gotta go see Black Panther!) and then I'll get busy gluing boxes and assembling carts for the next group. Once I have more games ready to ship, I'll contact everyone in the second group and start a new round of shipping.

Really, I've had busy shipping periods before, but never anything of this magnitude. I'll be shipping packages throughout winter!   :-o

#30 adamcon OFFLINE  

adamcon

Moonsweeper

• 307 posts

Posted Fri Feb 9, 2018 10:03 AM

Oh, man...you take this stuff to the post office by bus??? Now I just plain out feel sorry for you.

BIG city, no car Joe.  He actually used to work for the bus company writing sofware!  Maybe he still gets free rides????  ;)

#31 Pixelboy OFFLINE  

Pixelboy

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 7,810 posts

Posted Fri Feb 9, 2018 11:01 AM

BIG city, no car Joe.  He actually used to work for the bus company writing sofware!  Maybe he still gets free rides????  ;)

I could tell you a story that happened years ago about how it's impossible to get free rides in those city buses. :twisted:

Also, the transit society in Laval was never a client of the company I used to work for, so I couldn't have free bus rides in my city even if I was still working for that company today. If that were possible to begin with, that is. :)

Usually, it's not so bad, since the packages are smaller and I can carry a bunch of them with each bus trip to the post office. But those extra-large boxes are so bulky I can only carry three at a time.

#32 youki OFFLINE  

youki

River Patroller

• 2,294 posts

Posted Fri Feb 9, 2018 1:40 PM

I'm just curious , you don't have car by choice?  Seeing you country i could not imagine that somebody could live without a car.

Make me remember that last time i used a Bus was 30 years ago....    :-o

Edited by youki, Fri Feb 9, 2018 1:40 PM.

#33 Pixelboy OFFLINE  

Pixelboy

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 7,810 posts

Posted Fri Feb 9, 2018 1:48 PM

I'm just curious , you don't have car by choice?  Seeing you country i could not imagine that somebody could live without a car.

Make me remember that last time i used a Bus was 30 years ago....    :-o

Laval is a pretty sizeable city (it's an island like Montreal) and we have a very good bus service. Since 2008, the Montreal subway even has three stations in Laval. For a guy with my lifestyle, there's no point in owning a car when the bus service is quite adequate.

If I lived outside the Montreal region, then yeah, I would need a car. :)

#34 ArcadeJunkie OFFLINE  

ArcadeJunkie

Moonsweeper

• 273 posts
  • Respect your digital roots....

Posted Fri Feb 9, 2018 5:52 PM

This is yet another reason why we all stand behind Luc... Unbreakable commitment to his customers!

#35 ColecoGamer OFFLINE  

ColecoGamer

Moonsweeper

• 272 posts

Posted Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:08 PM

I can’t imagine using public transportation to ship that many packages. Respect is due to you, Pixelboy!

#36 Pixelboy OFFLINE  

Pixelboy

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 7,810 posts

Posted Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:14 AM

Word is starting to get out about that strange and undocumented budget game that people are starting to notice. I wanted to wait a little while longer before mentioning this, but heck, I guess now is as good a time as any.

It's pretty simple: Champion Pro Wrestling is the 18th budget game, and it's a free gift included in the shipping box for all the people who purchased 10 budget games or more. :)

I'll add a section for this game on teampixelboy.com eventually. No time for that right now.

#37 Ikrananka OFFLINE  

Ikrananka

River Patroller

• 2,494 posts

Posted Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:19 AM

Champion Pro Wrestling is the 18th budget game, and it's a free gift included in the shipping box for all the people who purchased 10 budget games or more. :)

Very cool - thank you  :)

#38 grips03 OFFLINE  

grips03

River Patroller

• 3,508 posts

Posted Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:41 AM

same Laval as Laval Rockets?

#39 Pixelboy OFFLINE  

Pixelboy

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 7,810 posts

Posted Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:14 PM

same Laval as Laval Rockets?

Yep. :)

#40 ArcadeJunkie OFFLINE  

ArcadeJunkie

Moonsweeper

• 273 posts
  • Respect your digital roots....

Posted Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:55 PM

Word is starting to get out about that strange and undocumented budget game that people are starting to notice. I wanted to wait a little while longer before mentioning this, but heck, I guess now is as good a time as any.It's pretty simple: Champion Pro Wrestling is the 18th budget game, and it's a free gift included in the shipping box for all the people who purchased 10 budget games or more. :)I'll add a section for this game on teampixelboy.com eventually. No time for that right now.

You never cease to amaze, my friend!!!

#41 fandenivoldsk OFFLINE  

fandenivoldsk

Chopper Commander

• 173 posts

Posted Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:04 AM

Champion Pro Wrestling! Cool!

#42 thevnaguy OFFLINE  

thevnaguy

Stargunner

• 1,054 posts
  • Need more Retro games!

Posted Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:02 AM

You still have me on the Wizard of Wor preorder list? 

#43 Pixelboy OFFLINE  

Pixelboy

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 7,810 posts

Posted Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:10 AM

I haven't lost a pre-order record yet. :)
  • TPR likes this

#44 Pixelboy OFFLINE  

Pixelboy

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 7,810 posts

Posted Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:40 PM

Okay, time for an update: I've just shipped the last few packages of the first group! Actually, there are a few left to ship, and I'm only waiting for some payments before preparing and shipping those last few packages.

Taking a break tomorrow, then I'll turn my attention to the second group. :)

#45 evg2000 OFFLINE  

evg2000

Stargunner

• 1,305 posts

Posted Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:43 PM

I haven't lost a pre-order record yet. :)

If you lost a preorder, how would you know?   :P

#46 Pixelboy OFFLINE  

Pixelboy

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 7,810 posts

Posted Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:04 PM

If you lost a preorder, how would you know?   :P

I'm pretty sure I'd get an e-mail from the person involved in the lost pre-order eventually. :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: team pixelboy, news bulletin

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users