Photo

Reading multiple serial ports in GFA Basic 3.5

2 replies to this topic

#1 Fletch OFFLINE  

Fletch

Stargunner

• 1,065 posts

Posted Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:36 PM

Is there a way to read data from the other serial ports on a TT in GFA Basic 3.5?  I have used the inp(1) command to read from the main serial port, but am not sure how to read from the others.

Any suggestions?

-Pete

#2 ggn OFFLINE  

ggn

Stargunner

• 1,472 posts

Posted Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:44 PM

Hi,

Serial ports were never my strong point but I had a quick look through the compendium and came across this: http://cd.textfiles..../HTML/CHAP4.HTM

BIOS input and output calls to device #1 and XBIOS calls which configure the serial port always refer to the currently 'mapped' device as set with Bconmap(). The Modem CPX allows a user to map any installed device as the default.

Then it gives a table of serial port numbers depending on the machine. If I read this correctly then you can use bconmap (xbios 44) to map the serial port you like to device 1 and then use inp(1) to read data off the port.

Not sure that this will do the trick but I think it's a good starting point :). Let us know how you get on.

#3 Fletch OFFLINE  

Fletch

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,065 posts

Posted Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:43 PM

Hi,

Serial ports were never my strong point but I had a quick look through the compendium and came across this: http://cd.textfiles..../HTML/CHAP4.HTM

Then it gives a table of serial port numbers depending on the machine. If I read this correctly then you can use bconmap (xbios 44) to map the serial port you like to device 1 and then use inp(1) to read data off the port.

Not sure that this will do the trick but I think it's a good starting point :). Let us know how you get on.

Thanks for the tip!   I'll give that a go.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users