IGNORED

Vector Patrol by Tutstronix

LS650

No it's not a dip switch on the arcade.

I play both mame Moon Patrol and Vector Patrol and I think the speed feels just right for each platform.

Perhaps on the arcade it accelerates quicker as the screen is bigger so it's more of a scale thing.

If vector Patrol accelerated more quickly it would probably make it more difficult to play.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

No it's not a dip switch on the arcade.

I play both mame Moon Patrol and Vector Patrol and I think the speed feels just right for each platform.

Perhaps on the arcade it accelerates quicker as the screen is bigger so it's more of a scale thing.

If vector Patrol accelerated more quickly it would probably make it more difficult to play.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I never thought of the screen scale thing. That is definitely a factor as the gameplay in both is similar or exactly like the arcade.

Just dropped in to say I'm a new Vectrex owner and this will be the first time I've ever bought a homebrew for any of my vintage computer or console. I've ordered the 3.0 multicart as well. I've always wanted to own one of the unobtainium second gen consoles (like the Fairchild, Astrocade, Arcadia, Vectrex, etc.) and chose the Vectrex since there is nothing else like it, has a loyal following, and has a good library of original and homebrew games. It also didn't hurt my local indie game store had a reasonably priced Vectrex for sale and I was able to extensively playtest before buying.

Just do not let Vector Patrol, which was developed over a decade and is one of the top 3 most amazing examples of “I cannot believe the Vectrex is able to do this!” sour your judgement of everything else released and homebrewed on the Vectrex.

There’s lots of “original release” gems and stinkers, just like “modern home-brew” gems and stinkers.

If I am confusing or not clear please let me know.

Vectrex console is a most favorite gem of mine, and Vector Patrol has become my #1 videogame work of all time.

Hopefully I will get the chance to try moon patrol, I've emailed Kristof some days ago and haven't heard back. Hopefully he's just on holiday and still selling copies of the game. Time Pilot and Moon Patrol are among my favorite arcade games of all time. I'm also eagerly awaiting trying out Pole Position, Scramble, and anything like a Lunar Lander / Gravitar.

So what would be the other 2 (or more) 'amazing examples of "I cannot believe the Vectrex is able to do this”? ;-)

Just do not let Vector Patrol, which was developed over a decade and is one of the top 3 most amazing examples of “I cannot believe the Vectrex is able to do this!” sour your judgement of everything else released and homebrewed on the Vectrex.

There’s lots of “original release” gems and stinkers, just like “modern home-brew” gems and stinkers.

Vectrex console is a most favorite gem of mine, and Vector Patrol has become my #1 videogame work of all time.

Hopefully I will get the chance to try moon patrol, I've emailed Kristof some days ago and haven't heard back. Hopefully he's just on holiday and still selling copies of the game. Time Pilot and Moon Patrol are among my favorite arcade games of all time. I'm also eagerly awaiting trying out Pole Position, Scramble, and anything like a Lunar Lander / Gravitar.

So what would be the other 2 (or more) 'amazing examples of "I cannot believe the Vectrex is able to do this”? ;-)

Oh he definitely has probably all 3 of his games still for sale. Vectrexians, Vector Pilot, and Vector Patrol.

It just takes some patience.

I remember him and people marveling about (in the 1990s!) about his Vectrexians and how he was POKING so many things to the Vectrex screen.

Packratgames makes carts when given permission of great home-brew games, most will be in the Sean Kelly multicart 3.0. A Phoenix make from John Dondzilla is one I come back to.

If you like Defender, definitely get “Protector” on Cart if cart still saves high scores. That is one I remember as a Triangle in the 90’s never dreaming a brilliant Defender could be done.

There are demos of Protector and Vectrexians, but the full carts are worth it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So the update is I now have Moon Patrol and the Multicart 3.0. I'll buy Time Pilot at some point since it is another of my favorites. I also noticed that a Gyruss clone may be in the works. If it is released I wouldn't be able to get to my wallet out fast enough. That is my all time favorite arcade game! :)

Oh he definitely has probably all 3 of his games still for sale. Vectrexians, Vector Pilot, and Vector Patrol.
It just takes some patience.
I remember him and people marveling about (in the 1990s!) about his Vectrexians and how he was POKING so many things to the Vectrex screen.
Packratgames makes carts when given permission of great home-brew games, most will be in the Sean Kelly multicart 3.0. A Phoenix make from John Dondzilla is one I come back to.
If you like Defender, definitely get “Protector” on Cart if cart still saves high scores. That is one I remember as a Triangle in the 90’s never dreaming a brilliant Defender could be done.
There are demos of Protector and Vectrexians, but the full carts are worth it.

• 3 years later...

I’m a new Vectrex owner as of last week. One of my motivating factors in joining the community was seeing Vector Patrol on action on YouTube. Being both a lifelong fan of Moon Patrol and Vecterscope games (I still play a lot of Asteroids in the arcade) it was a no brained for me. 

I was saddened to see Kristoff’s website is no longer running when I looked into buying Vector Patrol. Does anyone know how to reach him to inquire of it can still be purchased, along with the rest of his games?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tim W said:

I’m a new Vectrex owner as of last week. One of my motivating factors in joining the community was seeing Vector Patrol on action on YouTube. Being both a lifelong fan of Moon Patrol and Vecterscope games (I still play a lot of Asteroids in the arcade) it was a no brained for me. 

I was saddened to see Kristoff’s website is no longer running when I looked into buying Vector Patrol. Does anyone know how to reach him to inquire of it can still be purchased, along with the rest of his games?

I reached out to him on Facebook.