IGNORED

What do you all think about reproduction game boxes/cases?

For stuffing art inside a plastic box just about any lb paper would work. I personally hate anything in those clear cases. I need a heavier weight to support a real box. I really don't understand especially for genesis why someone would buy a clear case instead of the black generic ones that actually look similar to the real deal. I know the generic genesis cases don't fit 32x games so I can somewhat see the clear ones for that purpose.

Yeah, anything will work, but low weight copy paper will still look like garbage.

As far as Genesis games go, mine are in clear universal game cases because I printed and cut everything before the good quality replacement Sega cases hit the market. I've always wanted to transition them over, but I hate to have to reprint everything again, since the cover art is not the same size or the two different cases. However, my Master System games are in proper Sega cases.

They look nice but is there any point in purchasing them. Some people are like why pay so much for old cardboard so they go for reproduction boxes.

Not much point unless you have a OCD penchant for wanting everything to look a certain way.

As long as they are marked as such it is fine. I personally would think a shelf full of crisp new boxes would be nicer looking than beat up boxes. I as well will not pay hundreds for a piece of paper.

The thing is, reproduction-anything is still copyright infringement, but this is one of those cases where creating the reproduction box/manual/label is a purely aesthetic consideration rather than trying to acquire a "NIB" (New in Box) that you can never play for hundreds of dollars and just gathers dust.

Where it's a serious problem is when someone buys that repro box, and uses it to create a fake NIB game to sell for hundreds of dollars on eBay. This is why from a certain perspective it should be discouraged unless the box is personalized to the buyer.

As long as they are marked as such it is fine. I personally would think a shelf full of crisp new boxes would be nicer looking than beat up boxes. I as well will not pay hundreds for a piece of paper.

Where it's a serious problem is when someone buys that repro box, and uses it to create a fake NIB game to sell for hundreds of dollars on eBay. This is why from a certain perspective it should be discouraged unless the box is personalized to the buyer.

You quoted me so I know you read what I wrote. It's kind of hard to sell something as real when it says reproduction on it.