Photo

The Winter Olympics are almost here.......Sooooo

27 replies to this topic

#26 carlsson OFFLINE  

carlsson

Metagalactic Mule

• 5,746 posts

Posted Wed Feb 7, 2018 6:29 AM

Speaking of ice hockey, one of the Russian weaknesses is forming teams out of individuals. They often have excellent players one by one, but in modern years they try to outshine eachother more than playing as a team. I know the Big Red Machine back in the Soviet days was something different, perhaps the players didn't have the same individual stardom status as they have today.

Actually Russia as a country won't participate in PyeongChang. Instead the Olympic Athetes from Russia have been granted to form a team. Of course 95% of all media and fans will still think of them as Russia, just that they don't wear all the colours and are forbidden to use their national flags.

Anyway, given how popular it is to request snow levels in Intellivision games, I thought there would be plenty of games that fit the theme.

#27 mr_intv OFFLINE  

mr_intv

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,455 posts

Posted Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:27 PM

Any other skiers out there? :)

#28 mr_me OFFLINE  

mr_me

River Patroller

• 2,388 posts

Posted Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:53 PM

This took a little bit of practice; I had to relearn the course.  It was done with jzintv and an Intellivision controller, downhill slope 15, and disc speed.  The 36.8s is a good time but far from a world championship run.  Times of under 35 seconds are possible.

Attached Thumbnails

• int_ski.png

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users