IGNORED

Arcade Archives Double Dragon

Rick Dangerous

What are your guys thoughts on this so far? How true do you find it to be graphically and with music/fx to the arcade original?

Looks and sounds good to me but the gameplay isn't what I remember it to be. It's certainly okay but it seems slow and sloppy compared to other beat em' ups like the Streets of Rage series and some of the better Beat Em' Ups from the Neo Geo. It seems like the enemies are able to get a lot of cheap shots in, and the collision detection makes it hard to hit them.

Oh well....still pretty fun in the grand scheme and happy to have the original arcade game in my library. I grew up playing 1-3 on my NES and thought they were bad ass at the time.

Yeah....would strongly recommend any of the Neo Geo Beat em' Ups over this title.

Started playing Mutation Nation after beating DD and it's a much better game. Better collision detection, better hits, animations, graphics/sprites, gameplay/fun factor, etc. etc. the list goes on. The only thing DD has going for it is the nice original arcade music. Sadly other than that it hasn't aged well. Billy and Jimmy's muscle car in the garage at the begging always looks cool. Wha'ts the story with the girl that is kidnapped in the beginning? Do they both share her or what? I need to re-check the animation to see if two girls are kidnapped if you are playing two player. I guess Jimmy could be single or his GF was out of town at the time. Who knows. ITS A GAME SILLY is the correct answer.

You know it's a slow day when i'm at work responding to my own threads..lol

Edited by travistouchdown

No doubt. I'd buy that game on the Switch but I already have the MVS cart and it really is one of the absolute best of those brawler types on the platform. Somewhat either loved or dismissed by fans Burning Fight is decent, a true intentional knockoff of Final Fight but it's amusing as well. Robo Army is another solid one, can be a bit nasty with the hits but it's fun as well (don't have this one other than on the multicart.)

I really can't play DD very well anymore, the second one has aged infinitely better, but yeah there is that music but that's nothing an MP3 or youtube can't fix.