57 replies to this topic

#51 Jin OFFLINE  

Jin

Solar Striker

• Topic Starter
  • 3,216 posts

Posted Mon Aug 6, 2018 1:31 PM

Zelda II? eeeeeeew!   ;) ;)

I know a lot of people aren't fans, but Zelda II holds a special place in my heart because it's the very first NES game (and the first Legend of Zelda game) I ever played. The first time I played it I was 7 or 8 years old, in the hospital after having my tonsils taken out. I was feeling pretty miserable so the nurse wheeled in a TV cart with an NES and a bin full of cartridges and said I could play any game I wanted. I didn't know anything about NES games at the time but when I saw one with a shiny gold colored cartridge and this awesome looking jewel encrusted sword on the front I knew that was the one I wanted to play. I played Zelda II all day for 2 days until I got out of the hospital and it made what would have been an otherwise awful experience into a fond childhood memory, so I've always wanted to get my own copy of Zelda II ever since then.

On a related note, even though I never had a NES as a kid I did have a Game Boy so on the way home from the hospital my parents stopped at Toys R Us and bought me a copy of The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening for the Game Boy; probably because I couldn't stop babbling about how amazing Zelda was while I was in the hospital. :lol: That quickly became my favorite Game Boy game and to this day it's still my all-time favorite video game on any system.

Edited by Jin, Mon Aug 6, 2018 1:38 PM.

#52 digdugnate OFFLINE  

digdugnate

River Patroller

• 2,434 posts

Posted Mon Aug 6, 2018 1:32 PM

Just giving ya a hard time- love your story! :-)

i replayed it on the NES Classic recently and just can't seem to get back into it.

#53 Jin OFFLINE  

Jin

Solar Striker

• Topic Starter
  • 3,216 posts

Posted Wed Aug 8, 2018 6:49 PM

For anyone potentially interested in the Master System Converter II or lot of 32X games, I have them both up on eBay now and tonight until 10:00 PM Pacific time you can use the eBay coupon code "PRONTO15" to get 15% off on them. :)

Master System Converter II: https://www.ebay.com/itm/113172711389

Lot of 6 Sega 32X Games: https://www.ebay.com/itm/113172711389

#54 Jin OFFLINE  

Jin

Solar Striker

• Topic Starter
  • 3,216 posts

Posted Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:29 AM

Bump!

#55 malrak OFFLINE  

malrak

Chopper Commander

• 249 posts

Posted Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:04 PM

I know a lot of people aren't fans, but Zelda II holds a special place in my heart because it's the very first NES game (and the first Legend of Zelda game) I ever played.

Same here.   I didn't have a NES at the time, and a friend brought the Zelda manual to school.  I read through it thinking "this looks like the most amazing game ever made."   The next few weeks were spent taking whatever odd job I could get to try and earn enough $$$ to get a NES and Zelda 2.  I've loved every minute of my many, many playthoughs.

• Jin likes this

#56 Jin OFFLINE  

Jin

Solar Striker

• Topic Starter
  • 3,216 posts

Posted Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:32 PM

The 32X game lot has been sold!

#57 Jin OFFLINE  

Jin

Solar Striker

• Topic Starter
  • 3,216 posts

Posted Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:20 PM

Dropped the price on the Master System Converter II down to $95. That's $20 less than what I paid for it but I need to get this thing sold.

Edited by Jin, Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:24 PM.

#58 Jin OFFLINE  

Jin

Solar Striker

• Topic Starter
  • 3,216 posts

Posted Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:40 PM

Master System Converter II sold, dropped the price on the Genesis controller to Master System adapter.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sega, Genesis, Master System

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users