2600 sd card multicart stm32f4

154 replies to this topic

#151 DrVenkman OFFLINE  

DrVenkman

River Patroller

• 2,997 posts
  • Back off, man! I'm a scientist.

Posted Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:10 PM

Would pokey really be required? As far as I know there are only 2 games that use it (plus several homebrew). Would still be incredible to finally have something for the 7800. Missing out on ballblazer and commando is a small price to pay.

Thank you for this project, I plan to build one for fun. 

Ah, but the "several homebrew" include Beef Drop, Donkey Kong PK, Super Circus Atari, Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest, Froggie, and no doubt Bob D.'s upcoming Baby Pac-Man ... 

#152 groundtrooper ONLINE  

groundtrooper

Dragonstomper

• 522 posts
  • So many POKEY home brews. So few POKEY chips.

Posted Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:46 PM

Ah, but the "several homebrew" include Beef Drop, Donkey Kong PK, Super Circus Atari, Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest, Froggie, and no doubt Bob D.'s upcoming Baby Pac-Man ...

No POKEY on Baby Pac-Man

Hi Guys.

Thank you for the kind words.
I have no plans to use Pokey for the sound on this one.  Both the game sounds and pinball sounds are pretty primitive, I don't think there is a need for it.
That being said, I'm not crazy about the dot eating sound that I am currently using, so I'm most likely going to be working on the sound last.

#153 MacRorie OFFLINE  

MacRorie

Dragonstomper

• 873 posts
  • No matter where you go, there you are.

Posted Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:15 AM

Folks,

I had labels professionally printed and they look very very nice.  I opted for paper labels instead of plastic to match the old styling as much as possible.  You can see them here:
http://tinyurl.com/ycers26q

I have included only one picture in this post just to avoid the clutter.  If you want to see more, they are also on ebay eBay Auction -- Item Number: 282992965642.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_6857.JPG

#154 mmervine OFFLINE  

mmervine

Moonsweeper

• 429 posts

Posted Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:56 AM

Nice!

#155 NeoInvader OFFLINE  

NeoInvader

Combat Commando

• 8 posts

Posted Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:00 PM

Yes this would be cool, or also the ability to use the project discovery board and solder to a donor cart of ballblazer directly. Still having the ability to use one without the pokey and run non pokey games.

I myself would still be extremely grateful with support for the 7800 at all even with no possibility of pokey. The 7800 has been in need in this department for a long time. Anything for it, especially a low cost DIY project like this would be incredible.  

@electrotrains: How about an MCU version with an empty socket where one can plug in a donor-pokey?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2600, sd, card, multicart, stm32f4

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users