IGNORED

Best 70's/80's Home Computer Poll (2011) - Atari Wins !

KLund1

I was doing some random googling and founds this poll.
Though I'd post it here for us all to see. (but it might already be deep in here somewhere)
FYI
header_right.gif

Which classic computer of the late 70s/early 80s is the best?
next-poll-button-small.png
There've been many flame-wars between users of ATARI, Commodore, Apple and Sinclair users in the past and the question is - Which classic computer is the best? You can vote here and we'll see.

Which classic computer of the late 70s/early 80s is the best?

21% (273) The Commodore 64. 2% (32) The Commodore 128. 4% (63) The Sinclair ZX Spectrum series. 0% (2) The Commodore 16/116/Plus 4. 25% (330) The ATARI 800 XL/XE series. 3% (48) The Commodore VC20. 1% (19) The Amstrad CPC series. 24% (317) The Apple II. 0% (5) The Oric Atmos. 3% (50) The MSX series. 6% (80) The Texas Instruments TI99/4A. 0% (6) The BBC Micro. 1% (15) The Sinclair ZX81. 0% (7) The Sinclair ZX80. 1% (25) A different classic computer of the late 70s/early 80s.

1272 voters have answered this question.

This poll was created on 2011-06-24 16:41:33 by Fellzitrone
  • Send
  • Tweet

FAQ | Privacy Info | Contact Us | About Us | Find Us on Facebook

Copyright © 2018 Pollbob Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Mister Poll and the Mister Poll logo are trademarks of Pollbob Inc.
All content and information is presented for entertainment purposes only.

• Like 2

Given the pace of change back in the early 80's it's pretty amazing that our 1979 computer was more awesome than every other computer at release, was still kicking ass when all the 'competition' came out in 81-82 and only lost out to the generations eventual 'winner' because of lack of developer support.

Jay Miner really was a marvel of his time!

• Like 2

You should sign up for a free account to get your vote to count, I voted and it still said 342..... It should count or register after that. if not you need to drop a PM, contact and explain that you voted before registering and it's not showing in the results, and you can't vote again because of cookies or some crap... :)

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

You should sign up for a free account to get your vote to count, I voted and it still said 342..... It should count or register after that. if not you need to drop a PM, contact and explain that you voted before registering and it's not showing in the results, and you can't vote again because of cookies or some crap... :)

Nah, you don't need to have an account. I voted and it went from 319 to 320.

Wow the later variants of the COCO weren't bad machines... I hadn't noticed, and the later TRS-80 models aren't there either.....

maybe it depends on browser... I had to do what I had to do.... and it hasn't moved from 342. Maybe a few more votes for Atari and we'll know for sure.

Edited by _The Doctor__

Not surprising that Atari, Commodore and Apple are the easy 1,2,3 on the list. I'm a little saddened, but not surprised, that the Coco didn't even make the list except for being lumped into the 1% of "Other"

I totally agree. It should be specifically listed. Coco's are awesome, the later 2 and 3 with real keyboards that is...

In my mind there were 5 quality computer companies that are (ignoring IBM and clone companies) in the U.S. that should be listed, Atari, Commodore, Apple, Texas Instruments and Tandy-RadioShack.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

I did not notice that it was still open for voting. I cast my one vote.

(sssssshhhhhh, should we tell the commodorts, & applites about this on their forums and see what happens with still open voting???? Would they play fair? One click per person, or would they click, click, click...., we could too.. ssssssssoooooossssssshhhhhh)