Photo

SuperCart Construction

5 replies to this topic

#1 Opry99er OFFLINE  

Opry99er

Quadrunner

• 9,718 posts

Posted Fri Feb 2, 2018 1:46 AM

marc.hull suggested I build one of these, and I've been wanting one for quite a while.  I had an old one (probably made out of a Zero Zap cart or something) but for the life of me, I can't remember what I did with it.  I gave a bunch of stuff away years ago, traded for some items, sold some items... All I know is that I don't have one now, and I'd like to have one again.

I've found the link for the component BOM for the SuperCart...

• EA GROM (you will need to remove one from a TI Editor Assembler cart)
  • 43256-12LP 32K CMOS RAM (or equivalent)
  • 2 - 1N914 Diodes
  • 3 - 1K Resistors 1/4 watt
  • 68 ohm Resistor 1/4 watt
  • 1 - 4.7K Resistors 1/4 watt
  • 2.2 uF Tantalum Capacitor
  • .1 uF Tantalum Capacitor
  • LED
  • Lithium Cell 2032
  • 2 - SPST Mini Switches
  • Cell holder for above

now I need a PCB.  Looks like Ksarul designed one and had some produced... I can't find any available currently...   Anyone have a spare they'd be willing to sell?  

252063056.jpg

#2 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

River Patroller

• 4,630 posts

Posted Fri Feb 2, 2018 8:41 AM

I may still have my production reference board hidden away. I'll have to look in my reference board box.

#3 Opry99er OFFLINE  

Opry99er

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 9,718 posts

Posted Fri Feb 2, 2018 7:15 PM

Thanks Ksarul!

#4 Opry99er OFFLINE  

Opry99er

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 9,718 posts

Posted Fri Feb 2, 2018 7:20 PM

BTW, could the on-board RAM on the SuperCart be used to run compiled XB games in place of the standard 32k from the expansion port?

#5 Shift838 OFFLINE  

Shift838

River Patroller

• 2,282 posts
  • SHIFT838

Posted Fri Feb 2, 2018 7:32 PM

I may have an extra PCB for Ksarul's board.  I may even have an extra one built, you would just need to supply the EA GROM if it does not have one already.  i'll have to check.  I remember building a few of these when the PCB came out. i'm staring at one of them right now, but need to check for the others.

#6 Shift838 OFFLINE  

Shift838

River Patroller

• 2,282 posts
  • SHIFT838

Posted Fri Feb 2, 2018 7:48 PM

marc.hull suggested I build one of these, and I've been wanting one for quite a while.  I had an old one (probably made out of a Zero Zap cart or something) but for the life of me, I can't remember what I did with it.  I gave a bunch of stuff away years ago, traded for some items, sold some items... All I know is that I don't have one now, and I'd like to have one again.

I've found the link for the component BOM for the SuperCart...

• EA GROM (you will need to remove one from a TI Editor Assembler cart)
  • 43256-12LP 32K CMOS RAM (or equivalent)
  • 2 - 1N914 Diodes
  • 3 - 1K Resistors 1/4 watt
  • 68 ohm Resistor 1/4 watt
  • 1 - 4.7K Resistors 1/4 watt
  • 2.2 uF Tantalum Capacitor
  • .1 uF Tantalum Capacitor
  • LED
  • Lithium Cell 2032
  • 2 - SPST Mini Switches
  • Cell holder for above

now I need a PCB.  Looks like Ksarul designed one and had some produced... I can't find any available currently...   Anyone have a spare they'd be willing to sell?  

I have checked my stash.  I do not have any of the blank PCB's.  I built them all.  However, I do have an older 8k Supercartridge (without the EA GROM) and I have one of the new ones that Ksural designed that is built without the EA grom.  I would need to pull my EA grom out of my current SuperCart (Ksural version) and plug it in to test.  I know they worked when I built them.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users