IGNORED

Trying to find a specific cocktail table part - matching glass clips

Tanooki

And not having luck to match what I have.

The free cocktail I've been building back up this last week is missing 4 of the 6 glass clips for the top. The problem is I can not find the L shaped clips anywhere using google and maybe using the wrong term.

All I come up with are midway glass clips, but they seem to screw in from the bottom and come in 3/4 or 1in and are more C chaped with a small lip on the top. The multicade comes with an L shape and it screws in right on the side with a small square headed screw. I'd just like to match the 4 missing to the 2 I have to secure it and am coming up empty.

Does anyone online sell multicade parts specifically that would have these?

I know I can get the other missing part a barrel lock at home depot, that's no biggie as I've already removed that but the clips I don't know. Almost wondering if it's just random off the shelf hardware even they may have in powder coated black with the screws too.

• 1 month later...

Arcadeshop has brand new, black, Atari cocktail clips for cheap. Each has four screw holes in the bottom. I bought four for my Asteroids Cocktail.

They seem to sell a 1.25" clip and the space I need for is just 1" so it wouldn't hold it unfortunately. I still have not found the proper screws or clips as of yet unfortunately.

I think the part I have is hardware store specific as it's just like an L bracket with black powder coating and a screw hole in the vertical face of it that was attached using a square head flat top screw (1in) into the side right through the rubber t molding trim. That's why I instead tried to just find a 1" glass clip instead in black and hopefully a matching screw.

The measured distance from top of the glass to the bottom of the wood platform it sits upon is exactly 1 and 1/16" I think that added bit is due to the art platform in there between the platform and the tempered glass with the ms pac man art on it.

I think the part I have is hardware store specific as it's just like an L bracket with black powder coating and a screw hole in the vertical face of it that was attached using a square head flat top screw (1in) into the side right through the rubber t molding trim. That's why I instead tried to just find a 1" glass clip instead in black and hopefully a matching screw.

The measured distance from top of the glass to the bottom of the wood platform it sits upon is exactly 1 and 1/16" I think that added bit is due to the art platform in there between the platform and the tempered glass with the ms pac man art on it.

yup that's just a random l bracket id just go to the hardware store and find something close and replace all of them so they match

as per my other thread here

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/276305-yawn-long-day-at-the-shop-today-lol/

i build a ton of machines cocktail and upright

and lol that's what i call some lazy cabinet building its not like the proper clips are expensive lol and they would have looked better

you cant complain tho for the price you paid for your machine lol

The cabinet overall really isn't that badly built but there were a few corners cut like the hardware clips. Another would be within they cut a wooden box for the coins to fall into instead of a removable bin. A third would be as you can kind of see with the black there, the whole base is black, no cheapo wrap around like in the 80s with faux wood grain. And a fourth is that there's no really good bar across the horizontal at the top of the panel where the stick is (just below) so if you're one to kind of push down enough it can sag a bit until you let up but that's easily addressed.

I don't think the actual clips could be done unless you stepped up into a 1.25" clip and then put a rubber stopper or something on the under side or over to create the right tension due to the size difference.

I've attached a couple pics so you can get a feel for what I'm getting at so you can see. And yes I mounted a 19" 4:3 LCD in there with a sound bar since the AMP was broken on the icade board so I ran the audio into the stereo jack instead (which is better than the mono one in the base.)