IGNORED

I want a TI version of these mugs! How about you?

Omega-TI

I could always pull out all of my 99/4 parts and build a complete sidecar system--with all FIVE of the released sidecars attached. I just have to look to see if I have one of the original drive cases with the SSSD MPI drive in it. I have one with a pair of TEAC HH drives though, so I could probably just insert one of my spare MPI drives to make the picture. I may have to do this anyway, as the idea is intriguing.

• Like 2

I could always pull out all of my 99/4 parts and build a complete sidecar system--with all FIVE of the released sidecars attached.

It would be great to have a nice large format photo of the daisy chain configuration. In fact, it would be nice to have ALL the various configurations photographed and posted for the world to see. With more photos floating around in the Internet Ether, the more people will get interested in the TI. Also it might give others an idea of future ways to expand.

I could always pull out all of my 99/4 parts and build a complete sidecar system--with all FIVE of the released sidecars attached. I just have to look to see if I have one of the original drive cases with the SSSD MPI drive in it. I have one with a pair of TEAC HH drives though, so I could probably just insert one of my spare MPI drives to make the picture. I may have to do this anyway, as the idea is intriguing.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

I have an original external unit. Need to borrow it?

I have a couple of them--I just have a pair of HH drives in each one. I do have an NOS PEB drive that I can put in one for picture purposes, though, so I won't need another one. Many thanks for the offer @OLD CS1. I may have to do some burrowing through the collection this weekend to see if I can isolate all of the components I will need for this. . .and then build it on She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed's dining room table, as I suspect it is the only non-floor flat surface in the house long enough to do this on. LOL

Edited by Ksarul
  • Like 1

... dont skimp on your film. 35mm Kodak Gold should do the trick...

Film? Why convert from analog to digital when you can start out with the final format needed? I'll admit to being a bit of a photography snob in my youth and sadly, my Minolta Maxxum 7000 with all it's fancy expensive lenses and filters has been sitting in the closet for YEARS unused because of the limitations, expense, hassle and weight involved with the old format. But really, unless you are going to be taking images for 9 X 12's a modern relatively inexpensive camera like the Samsung WB250F will take some amazing photos and even give you HD video capability.

With the right lighting, even a cheap point and shoot camera can give one some decent images... if you take lots of them and pick out the best afterwards. I might add that a large format image will still need some post processing after the fact to look sharp on a small format item like a cup.

I can print anything hires on a mug.. lmk

I probably will. The the company that does the stainless steel option has restrictions on logos and celebrity images. So my idea for a mug would not be acceptable to them.

How about the image below? Or I could send a transparent version if you have black mugs, which I would prefer.

post-35324-0-05563600-1518536228_thumb.jpg