IGNORED

Damn you VARTA! (Ebay auction for an A3000)

eightbit

That's about $150 more than I sold my last (and it was mint!) complete A3000 for several years ago. Really love the style of its keyboard and is a sharp looking system overall, but ultimately not one I cared to keep in the collection. Think that was mainly due to my constantly evolving collection at the time though. Put together a fully decked out 060, RTG, FF/SD, USB based A2000 around then, so probably felt the A3000 was redundant that way and used the money to put toward the A2000.

Unless I ran across a great deal on an A3000 (and that would not include the system above) today, I'd probably still pass on it. Between my A1000 with Phoenix board and ACA500/1221, Vampire equipped A2000 and CD32 with its SX-1 expansion - pretty much down to what I really want or "need". :)

I think all "retro" machines are facing this inflation. It looks like an up-and-coming hipster bubble, sadly. For decent parts I am going to ride the wave. I cannot help but to think I could also capitalize on this by selling some of my redundant stuff (have a nicely-built 4000D sitting here) but I really would rather it go to someone who will appreciate it -- which means not as much money.

• Like 1

The damage looks brutal, and on a 4 layer board.

Do A3000's really price so high these days? I'd expect to pay $500 for a working one.

The guy I bought my A2000 from has sold a couple of A3000s for about $900 recently, his machines look great inside and out and have had the battery replaced with a coin cell. Here is one of the sold listings. Prices shocked me too. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Commodore-Amiga-3000-Computer-030-25Mhz-2MB-Chip-4MB-Fast-SCSI-730MB-HD-More/332470662101?hash=item4d68cbb3d5:g:v0sAAOSwv~1aIu8G

"Listing has ended" does not necessarily mean it was sold.

Even clicking on "sold" to sort them in eBay is not right. It will show any Buy-It-Now as sold when in fact it was not. eBay has been doing that for a couple of years to make it look like things sell for high prices.

Maybe 3000's go for that now, but that's just crazy. Money is worthless now apparently.

Edited by R.Cade

That's the thing, how many of these systems being sold at these prices are left, who are they going to and where will they ultimately end up?

I don't have enough disposable income to snatch these up for the price and at the rate they are going.

I never used Ebay before last year, I did look at prices a couple of years ago and it seems they have gone way up. I bought an A500 off Amazon for $39.99 back in August of 2015. I bought an A2000 Ebay last November and paid about $100 more than I wanted to, I set a crazy high max bid because I got tired of getting beat out at the last second, someone jumped the price way up with just seconds to go.

"Listing has ended" does not necessarily mean it was sold.

Even clicking on "sold" to sort them in eBay is not right. It will show any Buy-It-Now as sold when in fact it was not. eBay has been doing that for a couple of years to make it look like things sell for high prices.

Maybe 3000's go for that now, but that's just crazy. Money is worthless now apparently.

It was not listed for long, it also shows a bid was placed for the $926 buy it now price, he had at least one other A3000 he sold also.

Edited by Wayneb123