Photo

LOGO question

5 replies to this topic

#1 Dch48 OFFLINE  

Dch48

Combat Commando

• 8 posts

Posted Wed Feb 7, 2018 10:11 AM

I have a question. It's been like 15 years since I did anything with SmartLOGO and I don't remember if there is a way to change drives it saves to and loads from.  Can anyone help me with this?

#2 NIAD OFFLINE  

NIAD

Quadrunner

• 5,957 posts

Posted Wed Feb 7, 2018 8:35 PM

It's been a long time and can't find the info in the SmartLOGO manual right now, but I think all you have to do is to add a comma and then the drive number like this:

LOAD "PROGRAM,d#

0 = Data Drive #1

1 = Data Drive #2

4 = Disk Drive #1

5 = Disk Drive #2

You can also use the SETDEVICE command as detailed in the attached picture.

Attached Thumbnails

• SmartLOGO.jpg

#3 Dch48 OFFLINE  

Dch48

Combat Commando

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts

Posted Wed Feb 7, 2018 9:08 PM

Yeah only the setdevice works and I can't access files if they are on a medium that has a bootable program on it, like BASIC or even LOGO itself

#4 NIAD OFFLINE  

NIAD

Quadrunner

• 5,957 posts

Posted Thu Feb 8, 2018 6:24 PM

I'll look thru the manual this weekend when I have the time. Used to know all this, but time has taken it's toll on me as well.

It doesn't matter if you store LOGO files on a DDP or Disk that contains the Basic or Logo program. As long as it's a standard EOS media with a proper directory, you can stire LOGO files on it. You can mix and match Basic, Logo, SmartWriter, etc., etc. files all on the same media. Maybe all the directory entries are used and this is the issue even though the Blocks Free reports a lot of space left on the media.... a 1K directory can store 35 files, a 2K can store 72ish, and so on.

#5 Dch48 OFFLINE  

Dch48

Combat Commando

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts

Posted Thu Feb 8, 2018 10:40 PM

Well,I now can access LOGO files on any medium by using the SETDEVICE function.

#6 NIAD OFFLINE  

NIAD

Quadrunner

• 5,957 posts

Posted Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:46 PM

Looked thru the SmartLOGO manual and the only way to change drives is to use the SETDEVICE # command before using an I/O command such as CATALOG, LOAD. SAVE, LOADPICT and SAVEPICT.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users