IGNORED

What is this adapter called?

Atari Dogs

I was at a local pawn shop looking for a 1960s-1970s Polaroid Land camera, which is a different story, when I saw one of those 2600 adapters that you can plug multiple carts into a piece of hardware and it has a cord and cartridge adapter on it so you don't have to change the games.

What are these called? It was loose and needed to be cleaned up, but i have never seen one in person. Any idea what the cost of one of these would be? I might get it to put my Atariage Christmas cartridges in, so maybe use it a couple times a year.

After doing some quick info research for the 6 game changer, some have experienced that their games would not work properly or even fry them in some cases. I read some members on Atariage discussing this and even modding their units to prevent this cruel punishment from happening to precious 2600 games. Just something to think about.

Don't forget the Romscanner:

PRODPIC-23219-2.jpg

I have two Game Brains but never use them. They create static interference in the Atari's video signal. They mostly just kind of hang out and store some of my rarer carts. :)

The romscanner looks the most badass of the lot IMO. I'd buy one for sure :)

I had a Video Game Brain BITD when new and a few throughout the years since. All of them produced excess RF interference. So besides being impractical, they add noise/snow/wavy lines to your picture. Just what everyone needs! :lol:

Never had a Romscanner, but someone here (maybe in Venezuela?) not that long ago, ran across a case of them and were selling for somewhere in the $80 range IIRC. Pretty sure they sold out.

• Like 1

I had a Video Game Brain BITD when new and a few throughout the years since. All of them produced excess RF interference. So besides being impractical, they add noise/snow/wavy lines to your picture.

I have two Game Brains but never use them. They create static interference in the Atari's video signal.

I've never owned one, but sounds like a problem I used to have with the Supercharger and Cuttle Cart. Fixed it by experimenting with different mix ferrite chokes along the cable. Maybe this would help.