RepliCade Presents: Tempest

atari tempest newwavetoys replicade arcade mini-arcade kickstarter

33 replies to this topic

#26 Machine OFFLINE  

Machine

Dragonstomper

• 596 posts

Posted Fri Feb 1, 2019 7:00 PM

Just got mine today. Mine is Number 171 out of 1500 Backer Edition.

I'm powering it up now, looks pretty cool.

#27 Machine OFFLINE  

Machine

Dragonstomper

• 596 posts

Posted Sat Feb 2, 2019 12:14 PM

I actually am pretty happy with this over all. Seems to play better than expected!

https://www.facebook...44222718927440/

Edited by Machine, Sat Feb 2, 2019 12:19 PM.

#28 negative1 OFFLINE  

negative1

Dragonstomper

• 818 posts

Posted Mon Feb 4, 2019 11:28 PM

glens review wasn't as optimistic, there was lag, and the dial control didn't work well:

later

#29 Zoyous OFFLINE  

Zoyous

Star Raider

• 57 posts

Posted Tue Feb 5, 2019 9:46 PM

I think considering the small size, the rotary not being a true "spinner" is understandable - I'm not sure how they could scale it down and still have enough weight to have that kind of inertia. But the issue with the lag is a dealbreaker - hopefully they can get that sorted out with a firmware update.

#30 Keatah OFFLINE  

Keatah

Missile Commander

• 21,922 posts

Posted Wed Feb 6, 2019 2:34 AM

You fix the spinner issue/feel with a multiplying gear. Spin a smaller weight faster. Of course that would cost more.

#31 mckafka99 OFFLINE  

mckafka99

Stargunner

• 1,116 posts

Posted Wed Feb 6, 2019 5:41 AM

I received mine yesterday. Very nice looking. Game play is pretty decent, the tiny lag' doesnt bother me too much but the 'drift' component does irk me. If I stop moving the spinner, I expect the claw to stop immediately.  This 'drift' feature is really something I wish they had included only as an 'option' that could be enabled/disabled.

#32 sdamon OFFLINE  

sdamon

Stargunner

• 1,751 posts

Posted Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:57 PM

Fairly happy with mine.  Yeah, the spinner could be a bit nicer (the 'clickiness' isn't a welcome addition) and I kind of wish the resolution was higher.  But it does look and play pretty well... I've certainly been enjoying it!

#33 Keatah OFFLINE  

Keatah

Missile Commander

• 21,922 posts

Posted Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:25 PM

The lag. I could even see the lag in the youtube reviews.

#34 Zoyous OFFLINE  

Zoyous

Star Raider

• 57 posts

Posted Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:56 PM

Apparently there's a firmware update coming soon that will address the "simulated inertia." I'm not a KS backer so I don't know if they've sent out emails regarding this, but they've mentioned it in the comments on the KS page.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: atari, tempest, newwavetoys, replicade, arcade, mini-arcade, kickstarter

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users