IGNORED

what is a good price to sell loose atari 2600 games at?

coleco82

I am not selling my loose Atari 2600 games right now.

what does everyone think? is $5 each a fair price?

I ask because in the future I would like to sell all my Atari 2600 games all at once on atariage.

I have a lot of activision, Atari silver label games. I also have some parker bros, coleco, imagic and late era red label games too.

Depends on the game- a $5 copy of HERO will be gone in seconds. a $5 copy of Checkers will sit for years. (No really- there's a pile of Atari games in a local thrift at $5 each. Been there at least 2 years now.)

I think accousticguitar's got the right idea, assuming you don't want to check Ebay to see going rates. (important note: You can't really charge Ebay prices around here. It's just a starting point.)

• Like 5

If you're planning on selling on Atariage, keep in mind a lot of member probably will own most, if not all, of the games you plan on selling. If your goal is to sell everything as a lot, the price-per-game is probably going to have to be $1-2 to get an interested buyer. You may want to start by parting out the carts individually, then selling the dirt-common carts as a lot auction on eBay.

• Like 3

Thanks for the replay teh_lurv.

I would like to avoid ebay at all costs. They charge you so much for selling, that by the time I did sell everything I would make maybe 10 dollars.

if my collection is not worth at least $50 total then I might as well go craigslist

On the Other Hand, I could sell my stuff to pre-played out here in Wisconsin, but they might say "10 dollars for everything". Hence the reason for me considering selling my games on atariage all at once.

I keep an eye out for carts I don't have, and my target price is $1 a game for commons. Like teh_lurv said though, most people on here already likely have most of the carts that are in your collection. You may get bites for less common ones, and those you could charge more for. Its pretty game specific.

Good thing is at a buck you may unload commons to people like me who already have the games but need the shells for homebrew or hack projects.

<p>Here is what I have at the moment. Not pictured are galaxian and millipede</p>

<p></p>

<p>So, can anyone tell me straight up what all of this is worth?</p>

<p></p>

<p>I hope its all not worth 20 dollars because if that is the case I'll sell locally on craigslist</p>

<p></p>

<p> https://www.dropbox.com/s/4xkd7g0knwhzp7g/atari%20games.jpg?dl=0 Atari games </p>

<p></p>

<p> https://www.dropbox.com/s/tnzyo622swegeoi/activision%20games.jpg?dl=0 Activision games </p>

<p> Have a great day / night </p>

<p> coleco82 </p>

For example, if you have Star Wars games, those you could probably sell for $10. They are pretty popular, and whenever people list loose carts they tend to be snapped up quickly.

that is just not true

Star wars the arcade game is pretty rare and $25 plus is pretty normal

Star Wars The Empire Strikes back is common and sells for $3-5.

There is no easy price, each game sells for a price depending on how rare and how much demand that was for it(usually depending in how fun it is)

For example Pitfall is very common, but sells for more than games that are a bit rarer because it is a fun game.

The best way is to do some research. You can use this site and it may help.

https://www.pricecharting.com

So, can anyone tell me straight up what all of this is worth?</p>

I hope its all not worth 20 dollars because if that is the case I'll sell locally on craigslist</p>

No way $20. You have 46 games pictured, then galaxian and millipede, so even if they are all bargain basement commons at $1 that's $48. And a few are definitely worth more than $1....like Smurf which you only see occasionally. I just bought it at $2 and thought I got a great deal on it...I've generally seen it for $5-$7.

The plot thickens CDS Games. Eventually I'll sell it all on atariage.

My intent is to sell this when the time comes to anyone that is getting back into Atari or is new and wants a nice collection of games without the hassle.

Also there is no way I'm paying 20 dollars for frostbite and 30 dollars for cosmic commuter, and 80 for H.E.R.O.

• Like 1

that is just not true

Star wars the arcade game is pretty rare and $25 plus is pretty normal

Star Wars The Empire Strikes back is common and sells for $3-5.

Return of the Jedi just went for $10 in one of the Marketplace loose-cart-lot threads. That's what i had in mind.

As far as PriceCharting....dunno, it seems a bit unreliable. It has Smurf at like $10-$12...no one asks that much for it here. If I want to get a general read on what something is worth I check ebay completed listings to see what percentage of them actually sell and at what prices. But I've also been watching lots here in the Marketplace threads...first for commons and now increasingly for stuff I don't have.

Seems like a good plan. I was just emulating for a good while and then I decided what the heck I will pick up some games for me and the kids to enjoy on real hardware. And now I'm increasingly getting into making carts, so I buy commons for that.

Al will buy your Atari text labels and picture labels for 50 cents of store credit also, if you can't get rid of them.

Return of the Jedi just went for $10 in one of the Marketplace loose-cart-lot threads. That's what i had in mind.

As far as PriceCharting....dunno, it seems a bit unreliable. It has Smurf at like $10-$12...no one asks that much for it here. If I want to get a general read on what something is worth I check ebay completed listings to see what percentage of them actually sell and at what prices. But I've also been watching lots here in the Marketplace threads...first for commons and now increasingly for stuff I don't have.

so one star wars game in one marketplace thread is how to.determine the price of 4 different Star Wars games?

Pribecharting is Ebay completed sales, us you will still need to actually click on the game and see what or how an item has been sold in the past. It is a research tool.

If you don't want to give stuff away and you don't want to overcharge there is no simple way without doing a little research.

The plot thickens CDS Games. Eventually I'll sell it all on atariage.

My intent is to sell this when the time comes to anyone that is getting back into Atari or is new and wants a nice collection of games without the hassle.

Also there is no way I'm paying 20 dollars for frostbite and 30 dollars for cosmic commuter, and 80 for H.E.R.O.

With some diligence, H.E.R.O. can be had for half that cart-only. Still though, I am impressed at how much it's jumped the last few years... I think I paid $12 for mine? I just remember thinking at the time that it was high- now it looks like I got lucky!

• Like 1

so one star wars game in one marketplace thread is how to.determine the price of 4 different Star Wars games?

Obviously not. Admittedly I could've phrased it better, but I was just throwing out an example based on my immediate memory, not giving an extended dissertation on the pricing of Star Wars games.

By the way, ebay has more than a few loose copies of Empire Strikes Back selling in the 8-12 range. High for AA, sure, but not out of the question for a seller.

Obviously not. Admittedly I could've phrased it better, but I was just throwing out an example based on my immediate memory, not giving an extended dissertation on the pricing of Star Wars games.

By the way, ebay has more than a few loose copies of Empire Strikes Back selling in the 8-12 range. High for AA, sure, but not out of the question for a seller.

Selling for? No they are for sale for that price. Looking at buy it now prices does not give you a going value.

But what I would I know, having an Ebay store that sells almost exclusively 2600 games for 10 plus years.

For commons, especially if I'm flipping excess inventory from lots I picked up, I tend to go three dollars for a single cart or a buck a piece for the entire bundle. So far I've been able to sell these common lots quickly locally on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace. People getting into the Atari are getting a good deal in my opinion, while flea market/thrift/flipper types will buy them to sell at a profit. Not that I'd pay $5 for them, but hey, whatever. Just my opinion OP, your cart stack is pretty common, but also seems to be in good condition. A good collection of Activision games as well. For the non-Activision, if I personally were selling it, I'd go $40 for the entire bundle, and another $40 for the Activision set, but would be willing to go down to $30 on Activision.

Edited by courderoy guy