IGNORED

Intellivision Memorabilia

daniel3302

• 2 months later...

I have just shipped my supply of Mattel memorabilia away to the National Videogame Museum. I hope you all get to enjoy it there.

Included were:

1 T-card Loco-Motion

2 T-card Thunder Castle

3 T-card Royal Dealer

4 T-card Tower of Mystery (2-card set, final ME version)

5 EE-PROM set Tower of Mystery (11/12 proms)

6 Double T-card Y-adapter (may need repair)

7 Powered Double T-card Y-adapter/power supply

8 Blue Whale development cartridge

9 Blue Whale serial communications adapter

10 Loco-Motion Development notes and BSR reviews

11 Tower of Mystery Development notes

12 Mattel Electronics Personnel communications

13 Mr. Sound Usage Document

14 Loco-Motion Game completion Award plaque

Edited by daniel3302
  • Like 10

There's a photo on the first page of this thread.

----------

Did the Tower of Mystery rom dump have anything different?

I am pretty certain that the ToM double t-card contained the EEPROMs I burned as the doors were closing and they were hustling us out of the building (well, figuratively, but it was the last week). intvnut dumped the t-cards and told me that it is a unique version compared to existing rom dumps.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
3 minutes ago, daniel3302 said:

Just found a photo of myself from a Daglow Decles vs Minkoff Measures softball game!

That's awesome. Thanks for sharing!

What were you using for home plate? Looks like a partial tree limb.

1 hour ago, cvga said:

That's awesome. Thanks for sharing!

What were you using for home plate? Looks like a partial tree limb.

I think this was a practice, with Lee Barnes taking pictures of everyone. That looks like Don Daglow himself in the background of Dan's picture, but I am not sure. Here is mine:

Mattel_0002.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BSRSteve said:

I think this was a practice, with Lee Barnes taking pictures of everyone. That looks like Don Daglow himself in the background of Dan's picture, but I am not sure. Here is mine:

Mattel_0002.jpg

Wow! Nice form. I've coached a lot of baseball and can appreciate how you've kept your hands in, have good balance, and rotated your hips :)  Looks like you may have dragged that back foot a little but overall looking good!

• 7 months later...

On 5/17/2018 at 10:08 AM, daniel3302 said:

Here are the official documents I saved from my time at ME. Starting off with my Annual Performance review:

perfReview

Clearly this was after Loco-Motion was complete, and I was busy finishing up Mr. Sound, and the nature of my second game (which was to be Tower of Mystery) had not yet been determined.

Later that year, after much lobbying from Keith, Don, and others, and also due to brain drain to other game companies, Mattel finally put together an incentive program. The details were presented to us here:

Incentive

A few weeks later we had to sign release waivers, cause that what corporate lawyers are for.

release

But even with that, there were more rounds of layoffs, morale fell through the floor, and those who were left were looking to leave on their own terms, rather than wait for the next round of RIFs. As a last-ditch effort to keep the core of talent that remained, additional incentives were added to keep the remaining staff.

drainCircling

To no avail. The end was coming anyway. Note the irony of the date of this last notice, compared to the date of my next annual review as noted on the first document!

WereClosedNow

Thanks for letting me share an all-too-brief period that brings me much joy in its remembrance.

So I just found and added to my gallery the bookend to these documents - my offer letter from Mattel

• Like 2

• 1 year later...