Photo

SDrive-MAX ATX support

451 replies to this topic

#451 AtariGeezer ONLINE  

AtariGeezer

River Patroller

• 2,825 posts

Posted Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:05 PM

It's not hard to compile, assuming you have the tools installed. I just did it a few minutes ago myself using Ubuntu Linux in a VirtualBox machine on my Win10 laptop. You just need the usual gcc compilers, plus xa (cross-compiler) and avrdude. Then cd into the directory for your particular screen and use avrdude to program the eeprom_writer.hex and SDrive.hex files to your board. I'm about to go test the new build on my 1088XEL.

The odd thing is when the slot is empty it does seem to behave as 'off' in my tests, at least as far as the 1050 is concerned.

Yes, I compiled it on Windows 10 under in Ubuntu WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux)

Thanks for the replies :)

If only I had HD space or a Memory stick to install Ubuntu again I could use this route, but not at the moment...

#452 DrVenkman ONLINE  

DrVenkman

River Patroller

• 3,489 posts
  • Back off, man! I'm a scientist.

Posted Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:44 PM

The odd thing is when the slot is empty it does seem to behave as 'off' in my tests, at least as far as the 1050 is concerned.

This is an improvement, actually, back to the same behavior as in the first versions I had installed on my device, 0.7b and 0.8. As of 0.9 or thereabouts, I could no longer access any floppy devices on my SIO chain except the SDrive-Max, except seemingly by accident. But after flashing the current (as of today) Master branch, things seem to be working as expected for now. 

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users