IGNORED

List of Intellivision games with boss battles?

intellivotion

Deep zone will have bosses

great! (i already wondered about that strange ship)

i like this game (just to have it said)

i would prefere maybe the bach tune but the nerve shattering sound suits perfect, love it!

---

50 shades - was that really needed to be done? (withot this thread i wouldn't have noticed it)

---

if one would ask me what is a "boss" in a computergame i would answer;

it has to be a standalone enemy which waits for you at end of a level or at end of a game.

it can be part of the level or a level in itself.

he will need a special skill to be defeated.

it could go that far that if you forgot to pick up certain item you can't defeat him.

but for the fun i agree "dreadnaught factor" has maybe only bosses but well... bosses.

they might have just forgot some interceptors guarding the boss "ah that's not really needed we concentrate on the interesting sequence".

except one counts these tiny NCC-1701A's as interceptors.

post-41280-0-11400600-1519425800.png

i'm a quite typical boss, you can't hit me

except when i open the laser cannon bay on my belly

there is only one problem

the laser cannon.

typically a boss has only one weak point.

(silly, i can't make evil monsters, even my levewl bosses look fluffy)

Edited by Gernot

i'm a boss to, i'm like you an archer, but i will hide most of the time in a building and i can shoot out of the building while you can't shoot in the building.

post-41280-0-99620200-1519427136.png

in the same game i use a indian chief as "boss" in a further sense, unlike usually you're not allowed to shoot him, if you hit him you lost.

guarded by some bandits it won't be easy not to hit him. in a further sense he's a boss as well, just malus instead of bonus.

Edited by Gernot

in a further sense venture has a boss to, the unbeatable "time monster", if he's on the scene you lost one life for sure.

in a further sense i used it in a maze game with a silly ghost, he can do nothing, but will hinder you from finishing the level when you aren't fast enough, in a further sense he's a boss to.

in a further sense three chests to choose from and you won't know which contains dead and which contains a needed key is a boss to.

and in some sense i can't see "cloudy mountain's" beasts as bosses, they need neither a special treatment nor a special skill which wasn't needed for the rest of enemies (two or three hits i can't see as special treatment).

they will hand you the crown, yes, but that's already all what classyfies them as boss.

if they would shoot at you it would be different, this would seperate them from the rest.

if they had to be beat with a janken match it would also classyfie them as boss.

Edited by Gernot

Intellivision games should get leeway for interpretation of what constitutes a "boss battle", as so many games which were made after bosses were standard have bosses that are just a climatic scenes and do not really feature a giant or unique enemy.

Puzzle games are a good example. Boss battkes often don't offer a radical change to gameplay and can more or less judt be yet another portrait with dialogue.