IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Veggie crazy

RSS Bot

So it's time to shelve Killer Heads of Lettuce for a while, at least until Kevin Vs. Tomatoes comes out. I decided to restart the Adventures of the 50-Foot-Tall Stalk of Celery for the Atari 2600. I picked up right where I left off. I began work on an 8th stage. This is the final stage of the game, where Mr. Celery confronts an angry giant pig. This is the reason for the pig enemies on level 1. The pigs ate holes in Mr. Celery's favorite bridge and it's payback time for Mr. Celery, that is, if he can defeat the giant pig.

I just started on this level, so I have no idea what to do in terms of the boss fight. Right now I have flying green pigs coming after Mr. Celery that he must avoid by jumping or ducking. After a little bit, the flying green pigs will stop, and then, um, I don't know. Do you have any ideas? I've titled this stage "Bay of Pigs." Each stage will have a name. I'm imagining a manual like the one for Super Mario Bros. 3 if this ever gets released.

I guess I got in the mood to work on this since I plugged in my NES and played through Super Mario Bros. 3 yesterday. Level 6's airship was too tough, so I decided to warp to level 8 since I had Warp Whistles. Using one on level 6 just sends you to level 7 (lame), so I had to use two. I wondered what would happen if I warped backwards. Like went from level 6 back to level 5. Has anyone ever tried that?

I beat Bowser and it only took 2 tries. But man, level 8 is tough! I must have died like 20 times during it. And I had a whole bunch of P-Wings, but I decided to try and do it without them. I did. I think 8-1 is the toughest stage in the whole game.

Attached thumbnail(s)
  • blogentry-9475-0-46416100-1519083175_thu

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-14565-veggie-crazy/