IGNORED

TI BASIC Plus (TIB+)

FDOS

MSAVE_BCART_RGMB.rtfI started this project many years ago. Unfortunately, many interruptions and delays have occurred due to; health issues, family issues, other higher priorities. The reason for this project occurred after I started using Tony Knerr's HSGPL loader to solve the issues of some modules misbehaving when loaded in RML pages other than >9800. This meant that I could free up the majority of RML pages for another project that I had in mind after learning that some TI modules included TI BASIC programming. I could create my own TI BASIC modules using my 80K GramKracker, as it included two utility files called MSAVE & MSAVE6; MSAVE would allow up to 8K of TI BASIC program(s) to be saved in GRAM 7, and MSAVE6 would allow up to 40K of TI BASIC program(s) to be saved in GRAMS 3 ~ 7.

TI BASIC programming would be a severe come down from the very powerful super and enhanced Extended Basics since the introduction of the MG GramKracker, which also included other utility files to enhance TI Extended Basic, add true lower case characters and easy switching between XB and EA by relocating EA from GRAM 3 to GRAM 7. Not being an accomplished AL programmer meant that I would not be able to provide badly needed enhancements to TI BASIC, and would have to enlist assistance, and borrow from existing AL code by others for their specific purposes. I found lots of AL enhancements for XB, some of which was easily converted to a TIBASIC + Editor Assembler environment. Others that would eventually contribute to this project were; Ben Yates, Mark Wills, Tim Tesch, Mike Brent (Tursi), and Jeff White's technical assistance and ability to clear up points of confusion was invaluable. I also brought over a very superior DSRLINK that Paolo Bagnaresi did for my X4th99 project. Which I believe will solve the CF7+/NanoPEB DSR conflict or any other DSR type conflict, as it allows me to set the CRU address order the way I want it, at anytime I want to change it.

Another contributor, Rich Gilbertson, creator of RXB & REA, added the TI BASIC support routines in the TI Editor Assembler to TI BASIC at someone else's request, thereby, eliminating the requirement to have EA in GRAM 3 or in GRAM 7. Mike Brent had already solved the issue with MSAVE(6) TI BASIC programs running in GRAM not having access to most of these EA routines. This same failure existed with Rich Gilbertson's BASIC+EA for GRAM 1 & 2, to which Mike also fixed for my TI BASIC Plus project, so now all GRAM 3 ~ 7 can be used for TI BASIC(+) programs, as is also possible with Mini Memory, but does not eliminate SuperSpace(II)/SuperCart/BCART programs.

Hopefully, we will also have great success with FinalGROM 99, either Ralph providing over ride of, minimally GROM 1 & 2, with external GROM/GRAM or that "we" can convert the Mike Brent modified GRAM 7 TI EA GK files and the Winfried Winkler Assembler/Editor GK files to FG99 format.

Attached is the TI BASIC Plus Objective document. Please comment as it may be confusing as I did not separate it into specific environments: CF7+/NanoPEB, BASIC+EA, standard PEB, etc.

Edited by FDOS
  • Like 4

Look forward to your documentation and code. I am curious how you plan to develop the larger BASIC programs to run from module space.

Before I can finish the 6 x 8K TIB+ program I'm working on, the RESTORE <line number> TI BASIC command must be fixed in MSAVE & MSAVE6 or I'll have to use a disk or volume file, as only RESTORE without line number works, and that won't do. The difficulty, of course, is saving basic programs of 12K or less from VDP memory will require us to merge the 8K segments, and fix the line number arrangement in the GramKracker. I think we have enough information now to do this.