IGNORED

Amiga on Pi3

Shift838

I just had to share. I'm not an Amiga guru by any means, but I felt like I accomplished a task that I had no clue how to do over the last couple of days.

I was able to get an Amiga emulated via a Raspberry Pi3 using UAE4ARM. I have been able to:

• Install OS3.9 with boing packs
  • WHDLoader
  • telser (basically emulates a virtual serial port as 'telser.device')
    • Allows one to select this serial device for terminal programs like 'term' and utilizes the current TCPIP stack to make connections to telnet based BBS and much more.

It runs pretty good. I'm only having one issue, and if anyone has seen this please let me know.

When running a terminal program like 'term', if I go to activate a menu to change a setting if I click on the setting nothing happens. It's like it's an escape key.

The same exact setup works great on WINUAE.

post-35187-0-74771300-1519443966.jpg

• Like 1

Sweet! I have no idea about the issue you are facing. May want to hit up the UAE4Arm guys or visit https://www.facebook.com/groups/retroemulationpi/on facebook for help on that.

I dunno if you do FB or not, but if you do....

https://www.facebook.com/SExmortus

Edited by Sinphaltimus
  • Like 1

Sweet! I have no idea about the issue you are facing. May want to hit up the UAE4Arm guys or visit https://www.facebook.com/groups/retroemulationpi/on facebook for help on that.

I dunno if you do FB or not, but if you do....

https://www.facebook.com/SExmortus

I was looking at your facebook last night and I am very impressed your Amiga 500 build. looks great...

• Like 1

tha

I was looking at your facebook last night and I am very impressed your Amiga 500 build. looks great...

Thanks! I do love my Amiga, and of course my TIs. I don't have the same love for my W98 desktop but it's needed for the things that won't run properly under windows 10, namely a bunch of old games. It's still a work In progress. someone convinced me to get some 3.5" drive to 5.25" drive bay with faceplate adaptors. i couldn't say no, they were like 2 bux each on eBay. So it will look even better in a couple of weeks. Then I have to do my LED replacements. I should be able to call it done at that point.

:)

Oh wait, you are on FB, you have a shared account correct? yes, Yes... sorry, sometimes Alias' get lost by me.

• Like 1

tha

Thanks! I do love my Amiga, and of course my TIs. I don't have the same love for my W98 desktop but it's needed for the things that won't run properly under windows 10, namely a bunch of old games. It's still a work In progress. someone convinced me to get some 3.5" drive to 5.25" drive bay with faceplate adaptors. i couldn't say no, they were like 2 bux each on eBay. So it will look even better in a couple of weeks. Then I have to do my LED replacements. I should be able to call it done at that point.

:)

Oh wait, you are on FB, you have a shared account correct? yes, Yes... sorry, sometimes Alias' get lost by me.

Yes, it's my wife and my account.

I don't get on FB much. very rarely. I mainly use it for TI and retro gaming stuff. She may tell me one day to setup one just for that so you don't have to see the alerts!

Edited by Shift838

I got the 'term' working on the Pi3 with Amibian. So, what I found is that Amibian when running this particular program was looking for a term.prefs file and since it was not there it was causing issues. It does not do this on WINUAE.

So I thought well hell maybe I can copy the term.prefs file over from WINUAE since I have the same program running and using 'telser'.

I did that, and once I did that it all worked and I can now change things in the settings menu.

It runs good.. looks good when calling bbs like FuSiON, Heatwave and 9640News..