IGNORED

Atari Font Maker by Matosimi - short question

Sikor

Since nobody answered I can only give you the hint how I create maps.

Creating a map is not a specific Atari task, so if you like to have full powered map creation I can only suggest using a full fledged PC editor.

A free one for example is "Tiled": http://www.mapeditor.org/

MatoSimi once fulfilled my wish to have a bitmap export of the font ("Export font" -> "Export font to: Image BMP") just for this purpose.

You then can load the image into "Tiled" and create there any size of map you like, with all the cool operations like fluid fill, copy and paste blocks, random chars etc...

The result is then exportable in several formats - creating a converter for your specific needs shouldn't be a problem.

Hope this helps.

To spice this post a little bit up, a small demo vid:

Edited by Irgendwer
  • Like 3

I downloaded the TILED download file for Win XP and Avast scan said it had a Trojan EVO:gen so I deleted it.

Did any of you have any issue with the downloads for the download files?

I'd really like to check it out, but I'm not going to take a chance to unzip it with a warning like that.

I downloaded it twice and both times when I scanned it with Avast I got the same warning so I just deleted it immediately. Wondering if it might be a false detection?

-Eric

Perhaps try scanning with a different antivirus utility to see if it hits also. I believe some of these tools are over sensitive, but better safe than sorry. How about setting up an XP VM and unzipping it in the VM I often set up a VM with a freeware antivirus to sandbox problematic downloads and websites.

• Like 3

Perhaps try scanning with a different antivirus utility to see if it hits also. I believe some of these tools are over sensitive, but better safe than sorry. How about setting up an XP VM and unzipping it in the VM I often set up a VM with a freeware antivirus to sandbox problematic downloads and websites.

Thanks, I'll try that.

I searched around a bit more on the Tiled forum and it seems earlier versions of Tiled had triggered some false positives on Avast a couple years ago. That's probably all that's happening.

-Eric

Sorry, I cannot help, I'm using the Linux version - but I guess just a false positive too. (If you're in doubt, you could also build the exe from the sources by yourself.)

Just to place emphasis on my point of using "pro-tools" and that there is not really a need to put effort in special A8 map editors:

"Pro Motion NG": https://www.cosmigo.com/(allows you also to edit the tiles in different (e.g. 2x1, 4x1) pixel aspect ratios)

or

"Pyxel Edit": http://pyxeledit.com/

have good map editors too.

• Like 3

I downloaded the TILED download file for Win XP and Avast scan said it had a Trojan EVO:gen so I deleted it.

I'd really like to check it out, but I'm not going to take a chance to unzip it with a warning like that.

I downloaded it twice and both times when I scanned it with Avast I got the same warning so I just deleted it immediately. Wondering if it might be a false detection?

-Eri

Kaspersky recognizes no threat for example in Tiled-1.1.2-win32.msi