Photo

How Many Atari 2600 Consoles Do You Currently Own?

105 replies to this topic

Poll: How Many Atari 2600 Compatible Consoles Do You Own? (219 member(s) have cast votes)

How Many Atari 2600 Compatible Consoles Do You Own?

1. 1 (31 votes [14.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.16%

2. 2 (44 votes [20.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.09%

3. 3 (38 votes [17.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.35%

4. 4 (19 votes [8.68%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.68%

5. 5 (21 votes [9.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.59%

6. 6-10 (37 votes [16.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.89%

7. 11-20 (22 votes [10.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.05%

8. 21 or more (7 votes [3.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.20%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 Nathan Strum OFFLINE  

Nathan Strum

Quadrunner

• 8,168 posts
  • Enjoying a sandwich

Posted Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:02 PM

I dont have a full set, but I have 1 toggle and 1 momentary chrome capped switches you can have for the price of postage

PM sent!

#27 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

SOMEBODY GET THIS FREAKING DUCK AWAY FROM ME

• 14,519 posts

Posted Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:38 AM

Aw jeez

at least 3 "woodgrain" VCS units (2 with tatty boxes)

a Junior (with tatty box)

2x Flashback 2 (was going to mod one, ha ha)

Flashback 2+

Flashback 5

That's nine

#28 Recycled OFFLINE  

Recycled

River Patroller

• 2,524 posts

Posted Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:46 AM

Two.  Both not working.  a light sixer vcs and and a vader.

Just using Flashbacks at this point, especially the portable.  

#29 tep392 OFFLINE  

tep392

River Patroller

• 3,093 posts

Posted Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:02 PM

I've had two 7800's for a while, but only one 2600 and that just arrived yesterday.  I'm a little slow to the party. :)

2600.jpg

#30 Shawn OFFLINE  

Shawn

The Kraken

• Topic Starter
  • 18,370 posts

Posted Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:59 PM

I've had two 7800's for a while, but only one 2600 and that just arrived yesterday.  I'm a little slow to the party. :)

attachicon.gif2600.jpg

I'd still count that as 3.

#31 tep392 OFFLINE  

tep392

River Patroller

• 3,093 posts

Posted Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:33 PM

I'd still count that as 3.

So did I, if you look at the poll.  But the 2600 looks so much nicer than the 7800.

#32 Shawn OFFLINE  

Shawn

The Kraken

• Topic Starter
  • 18,370 posts

Posted Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:38 AM

So did I, if you look at the poll.  But the 2600 looks so much nicer than the 7800.

There is something special and unmatched about the look of a woodgrain 2600 I agree. 

#33 Keatah OFFLINE  

Keatah

Missile Commander

• 21,586 posts

Posted Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:03 AM

None. Unless you count virtual installations, of which there are currently 2 at home, and one in the vacation cabin on a computer that's getting old, but rugged. I destroyed all my consoles in some fashion or other when I was a kid. I did have the presence of mind (barely) to remove the chipset. I still have them, the date codes are from 76 or 77. So should I ever decide to get a console I could do a transplant. Then the essence of the old would live on. Weird, I'm sure. But hey it is what it is and I ain't comlpain'n!

#34 Shawn OFFLINE  

Shawn

The Kraken

• Topic Starter
  • 18,370 posts

Posted Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:09 PM

None. Unless you count virtual installations, of which there are currently 2 at home, and one in the vacation cabin on a computer that's getting old, but rugged. I destroyed all my consoles in some fashion or other when I was a kid. I did have the presence of mind (barely) to remove the chipset. I still have them, the date codes are from 76 or 77. So should I ever decide to get a console I could do a transplant. Then the essence of the old would live on. Weird, I'm sure. But hey it is what it is and I ain't comlpain'n!

No, "virtual installations" have nothing to do with this poll or topic. It's for actual system owners who appreciate and currently own them. There is no option for "none" as you can clearly see. It's also not a poll in need of emulation mention either if that wasn't obvious. If you want to post and discuss emulation there is an emulation forum now where I'm sure 99 percent of your posts will be best suited.

#35 Cepp OFFLINE  

Cepp

Space Invader

• 43 posts

Posted Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:18 PM

No option for 0? :P

Hopefully I can correct that soon.

#36 Shawn OFFLINE  

Shawn

The Kraken

• Topic Starter
  • 18,370 posts

Posted Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:45 PM

No.

#37 Kosmic Stardust OFFLINE  

Kosmic Stardust

Princess Rescuer

• 18,011 posts

Posted Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:29 PM

please yes. you wont regret it.

#38 Shawn OFFLINE  

Shawn

The Kraken

• Topic Starter
  • 18,370 posts

Posted Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:50 PM

please yes. you wont regret it.

Well he offered me a whole $30 for a composite modded 2600 Junior so if he keeps sending out offers like that it's gonna be a LONG time before he gets one.

#39 Osgeld OFFLINE  

Osgeld

Quadrunner

• 5,765 posts

Posted Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:13 PM

Well he offered me a whole $30 for a composite modded 2600 Junior so if he keeps sending out offers like that it's gonna be a LONG time before he gets one.

well everyone has their price point ... there's a non modded sears 6 switcher in the marketplace for 25 + shipping, depending on the range it has to go one could score it for a range around 30 bucks ... I personally gave up on JR's they are just nasty machines to the touch and to work on + no one wants them. I often would get one, put work into it and beg for a month for someone to take it for my break even point 

foam switches, shit plastic, cramped design, all chips soldered down on worse than paper quality boards, I mean you can break a pads free from the PCB by plugging in the controller that was not clipped down brand new from the factory ...do not even bother with them IMO

Edited by Osgeld, Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:14 PM.

#40 Shawn OFFLINE  

Shawn

The Kraken

• Topic Starter
  • 18,370 posts

Posted Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:40 PM

well everyone has their price point ... there's a non modded sears 6 switcher in the marketplace for 25 + shipping, depending on the range it has to go one could score it for a range around 30 bucks ... I personally gave up on JR's they are just nasty machines to the touch and to work on + no one wants them. I often would get one, put work into it and beg for a month for someone to take it for my break even point 

foam switches, shit plastic, cramped design, all chips soldered down on worse than paper quality boards, I mean you can break a pads free from the PCB by plugging in the controller that was not clipped down brand new from the factory ...do not even bother with them IMO

Yep, $30 can score you a working console on AtariAge for sure but not a modded one. Good luck getting a confirmed working console on ebay for $30 though, let alone a modded one with clean work.

#41 Cepp OFFLINE  

Cepp

Space Invader

• 43 posts

Posted Thu Mar 1, 2018 2:00 AM

I always start lower when people ask me to make them an offer but yes, it was a bit low even for that. I did ask how much you were looking for but never got a reply.

Osgeld, the Jr is the system I had as a kid so it holds a special place for me. I know it's basically cheap tat but I still love it. The 7800 is tempting me as well though so that could win out.

#42 Keatah OFFLINE  

Keatah

Missile Commander

• 21,586 posts

Posted Thu Mar 1, 2018 4:58 AM

I decided to vote 4. To not acknowledge the work put into Emulator Stella would be remiss on my part. Don't know about others. Don't care. And by summer I'll likely have acquired a 6-switcher to which my original chipset will be installed. Actually it's not important that whatever I get works or doesn't, I can repair it. Just important it be cosmetically perfect, not so good at touching up stuff like marred and scratch faux woodgrain.

#43 Shawn OFFLINE  

Shawn

The Kraken

• Topic Starter
  • 18,370 posts

Posted Fri Mar 2, 2018 4:49 AM

I decided to vote 4. To not acknowledge the work put into Emulator Stella would be remiss on my part. Don't know about others. Don't care. And by summer I'll likely have acquired a 6-switcher to which my original chipset will be installed. Actually it's not important that whatever I get works or doesn't, I can repair it. Just important it be cosmetically perfect, not so good at touching up stuff like marred and scratch faux woodgrain.

The poll is about Atari 2600 consoles not emulators. You are taking away from the spirit of the poll and this isn't the first time you have done so. Please stop. I do care even if you don't. Respect the theme or please don't post in the poll at all. If you have nothing valid to add to the thread or the poll just wait until there is one that you have something on topic worth adding. Anything else like the above will be treated as spam and thread crapping. This is an official warning.

#44 sramirez2008 OFFLINE  

sramirez2008

River Patroller

• 2,538 posts
  • Stella Foreva

Posted Tue Mar 6, 2018 4:23 PM

12 Total

1 - Atari Heavy Sixer

1 - Sears Tele-Games Heavy Sixer

1 - Atari Light Sixer (Sunnyvale)

3 - Atari 4 Switch Woody (1 pristine, 2 modded)

1 - Atari 4 Switch Vader 

3 - Atari 7800 (1 with Expansion Port)

1 - 5200 with VCS Cartridge Adapter

1 - Intellivision II with Intellivision System Changer

#45 thiccwheels OFFLINE  

thiccwheels

Combat Commando

• 7 posts

Posted Wed Mar 7, 2018 6:12 PM

I have three in total at the moment  :lust: I have a four switch that I use almost all the time, a junior I got for $5 at a local resale shop, and a heavy sixer that I haven't gotten around to fixing up yet (It's on my to-do list, I swear). It's not the most impressive collection, but I'll get there some day! 

#46 ubersaurus OFFLINE  

ubersaurus

Quadrunner

• 5,282 posts

Posted Fri Mar 9, 2018 9:42 AM

Oh boy...

1 six switch 2600, 2 four switch 2600s (one just recently fixed last night after being nonfunctional), one 2600 jr, a 7800, a 5200 with adapter, and a Colecovision with adapter. I'm pretty much set if I ever want to run my own 2600 game tournament.

#47 Jumpman1981 OFFLINE  

Jumpman1981

Chopper Commander

• 200 posts

Posted Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:45 PM

Used to have a PAL Junior, but now I have a light sixer

#48 Nutsy Doodleheimer OFFLINE  

Nutsy Doodleheimer

Total Retard

• 5,615 posts

Posted Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:20 PM

2 Heavy Sixers, 2 Light Sixers, 4 switch woody, Vader, and a Jr.

#49 Nathan Strum OFFLINE  

Nathan Strum

Quadrunner

• 8,168 posts
  • Enjoying a sandwich

Posted Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:02 PM

I dont have a full set, but I have 1 toggle and 1 momentary chrome capped switches you can have for the price of postage

Thanks again for the switches! I just finished installing them, and my 2600 has been restored to its old self again!

#50 Osgeld OFFLINE  

Osgeld

Quadrunner

• 5,765 posts

Posted Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:53 AM

you are welcome sir

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users